ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I know! Stupid innit. Worst thing is they were still taking orders and showing in stock for at least another 24 hours!

Megane
are you guys all getting contracts or is it an activate at home job? Because youll be crazy paying so much if you are getting contracts!!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Just rang local apple shop up, bloke said they have em in stock but have to make an appointment to go buy one tomorrow!

Last edited:

Lou

can it take a few days for an upgrade to activate? As I still can't make or receive calls but can acces the internet and send/receive texts!! Previous blackberry tariff didn't include calls.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Im a bit confused with the email part of it. My everyday email is hotmail, so i presume i just go online through safari to look at it. Not bother with ms exchange, mobileme, etc, etc?

Also i cant connect to my wireless network at home. It asks for password, so i put in my wep code but it doesnt work :S

Lou

Im a bit confused with the email part of it. My everyday email is hotmail, so i presume i just go online through safari to look at it. Not bother with ms exchange, mobileme, etc, etc?

Also i cant connect to my wireless network at home. It asks for password, so i put in my wep code but it doesnt work :S
Yeah I'm hotmail too and just going through the website moment until I work out if I can set it up or not LOL
I couldn't get my wireless connected at first but I realized I was hitting the wrong letters eventually! Just perservere with it, I'm up and running via my wireless at the moment!

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
^^ was it your wep code that you put in? Or am i supposed to put in the password for the router when i set it up?

Last edited:
  SchwepTek™
This "push" business seems to be very unstable at the moment. It chooses whether to work when connected via wifi so they best bring out some bug fixes soon.

Also, anyone realized that its not actually instant pushing of contacts and calendar entries! You can only pick them up every 15 minutes so everything apple said was a lie!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Also, anyone realized that its not actually instant pushing of contacts and calendar entries! You can only pick them up every 15 minutes so everything apple said was a lie!

Works fine for me.

Mobileme is currently having a few "issues"....pushing works fine when the servers are happy. I'd expect once the initial surge dies down everything will be instant as expected.

106 GTi
Just had a look and the sim has no mention of 3G in the number anyone got an idea of what O2 will be able to do ?

RB 182
This "push" business seems to be very unstable at the moment. It chooses whether to work when connected via wifi so they best bring out some bug fixes soon.

Seen some of your posts on MacRumors about the problems you've had but I tested the calendar and contacts on mine using MobileMe and it sync's in about 15 seconds I would say. Though my Mac is setup to sync automatically in the MobileMe settings, so it's not instantly but isn't too bad. Though my mail is talking 30 minutes to sync which is rubbish, seems odd that the different services are so different as far as speed to sync is concerned.

Any idea how long the process of getting PAC code to transfer to O2 will take and I had a feeling it only lasts 30 days so I want to do it just before going to the Apple store (as they seem to be the only place that has them).

SchwepTek™

Seen some of your posts on MacRumors about the problems you've had but I tested the calendar and contacts on mine using MobileMe and it sync's in about 15 seconds I would say. Though my Mac is setup to sync automatically in the MobileMe settings, so it's not instantly but isn't too bad. Though my mail is talking 30 minutes to sync which is rubbish, seems odd that the different services are so different as far as speed to sync is concerned.

Any idea how long the process of getting PAC code to transfer to O2 will take and I had a feeling it only lasts 30 days so I want to do it just before going to the Apple store (as they seem to be the only place that has them).

Yeh been browsing those forums for years but only just signed up to post LOL!

I gave o2 my PAC code on launch day and got a text today saying number would be ported on wednesday so less than a week!

My mail pushes instantly in 15 seconds but calendar/contacts is taking up to 5mins i'd say. Nothing that bad though!

It is buggy though when connected via wifi! Sometimes doesnt work at all.

RB 182
I visit the site all the time but haven't signed up, maybe I should at some point.

Have most of the Apple stores still got the 16Gb ones left as I know there isn't a chance at the CPW or O2.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I rang earlier and he said they have them all in stock, but are only selling to people who make appointments online and go to buy at your appointment time only.

Iv ordered via CPW but they lied and said they had them in stock for next day delivery, then 4 days on they are saying no stock now! gimps!

Booked in tomorrow afternoon at apple shop!

RB 182
Have you got the link to book an appointment?

Is it the Personal Shopping link when you go the store you want the reservation in that you've used?

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
pmsl. My accelerometer is fucked.

Got to book an appointment with the "genius bar" who will take a look and then replace the phone, not too bad considering it was from O2. I was in the bloody apple store earlier as well, I'd bloody noticed it not working right at that point but hadn't thought anything of it.

Wonder if they'll give me the option of black or white?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
anyone with an ipod headunit in their car noticed that the iphone 3g wont charge via the lead?? my first gen one does, but new one says that it wont... i got a pioneer unit btw

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yeah, the charging is different on the 3g....

My second favourite app after Remote is Shazam. I've never used shazam (f**k paying for it), but it's seriously impressive. I've given it all sorts of random crap and it's recognised it from the other side of the room.

SLK 350
Yeah Shazam is sweet, I set mine to 8 seconds and it still works nicely. Good for chucking at the TV when an advert is on you want the music for.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Yeah, the charging is different on the 3g....

My second favourite app after Remote is Shazam. I've never used shazam (f**k paying for it), but it's seriously impressive. I've given it all sorts of random crap and it's recognised it from the other side of the room.

hnmmm its odd wonder if pioneer are gonna fix the issue? or alpine etc...

T

thecremeegg

Yeah Shazam is sweet, I set mine to 8 seconds and it still works nicely. Good for chucking at the TV when an advert is on you want the music for.

You pay the subscription or is there a way to get it to work for free?

I'm going shopping tomorrow.. see if any more stock has come in anywhere.

One CPW did say they may be getting more in Monday.. so hoping others are too!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
So can you actually receive MMS on the iphone?

yes, if someone sends you one you can receive it, you will get a txt from o2 with a url, and a password, you put your mobile number in and the password given then it displays the msg... you can also access it on your pc etc too...