ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

Citroen DS3 DSport
My push contacts have worked perfectly today so I may hold off from making any changes.

The screen is great, the yellowish tint is not an issue at all. Overall the screen quality is superior to the previous model.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
My push contacts have worked perfectly today so I may hold off from making any changes.

The screen is great, the yellowish tint is not an issue at all. Overall the screen quality is superior to the previous model.

Coooool. mobileme is rather sweet it has to be said. :) I think any issues the moment are simply due to the servers being hit and it only just coming online....

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about the screen!

(OMGWTF!!11!!1! da scrn iz ylw. OMFG!!!)

anyone else got any imperfections on the back? as in with the plastic... mines got the tinyest mark... and i could probably let it go... been told a few have them on a forum.. But apple have run out now so i can't get areplacement even if i wanted one for a while..

anyone else got any imperfections on the back? as in with the plastic... mines got the tinyest mark... and i could probably let it go... been told a few have them on a forum.. But apple have run out now so i can't get areplacement even if i wanted one for a while..

I think you need to try and get it fixed/replaced, as I can see it bugging you forever. It'll never be right because of it to you. I was like it with my Macbook pro - it got very very hot, but, I put up with it, but it was still a nagging problem in mind whilst I had it.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I've bought a white 16GB. They only had 16gigs in white so it made the choice easy!

I did prefer the black to be honest, but it does look sweet in white! I am very happy with it up to now.

now to PLAY!!! So much for getting some work done this afternoon! lol

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
got it on my wifi ok but the gimp in the store must have sold me the dock for the old iphone as it wont fit in it!! booo!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I need to figure out how to setup my work Exchange Server to connect with my iPhone. The Inbox on the iPhone is forever empty so something is not right.

I think you need to try and get it fixed/replaced, as I can see it bugging you forever. It'll never be right because of it to you. I was like it with my Macbook pro - it got very very hot, but, I put up with it, but it was still a nagging problem in mind whilst I had it.
i'm gettin used to it no.. its literally a mm wide 3mm long.. its nothing, i'm being a perfectionist.. dunno if i can be bothered to go in to see someone, register my want to get a newun then wait and go back AGAIn when its in. hmm lol.. i've put all my stuff on it now too.
i've registered to go down and see em on wed as im there anyway.. but i dunno if i can be bothered now.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
anyone else if u press the settings button does it take a good 10-15 secs for anything to appear?

the only thing i really miss is summerboard or customize :(

106 GTi
-The screen is yellowish compared to the old iphone

3G looks considerably better than the old one imho, really not sure what all the fuss is about. The old one looks harsh as compared the 3G and you only notice the colour temperature difference if you doing a side by side comparison.

Agreed - Screen seems a lot crisper and you don't notice the yellow look standalone.

Local Apple place had no 3G docks in stock, did get a 3G sim card which I am waiting to become active now :)

182-racing-blue

The people who have swapped from old to new.. Is it worth it?

Only for 3G. Faster smoother, i can actually google something in the pub and solve 99.9% of all arguments without saying "it's still connecting".

Haven't noticed a massive drain in battery due to 3G only kicking in when its needed.
historically I have always charged any phone I've had every night anyhoo.

Apparently you can save images from web pages in your camera rolll now too. Perverts paradise ftw.

182-racing-blue

3G looks considerably better than the old one imho, really not sure what all the fuss is about. The old one looks harsh as compared the 3G and you only notice the colour temperature difference if you doing a side by side comparison.

Agreed - Screen seems a lot crisper and you don't notice the yellow look standalone.

Local Apple place had no 3G docks in stock, did get a 3G sim card which I am waiting to become active now :)

original sim is 3g.

If you are unsure look at the last 5 alphanumerics on the sim it will have 3G incorporated in to it. :D

just got back from cpw with my iphone, love it! ive had an ipod touch so its not that new to me but still.

Is there anyway to get the contacts from my w960i to my iphone?

106 GTi

original sim is 3g.

If you are unsure look at the last 5 alphanumerics on the sim it will have 3G incorporated in to it. :D

My 7 year old one they told me to pop in when I upgraded wasn't ! Just waiting for it to become active now.

Citroen DS3 DSport
CUPERTINO, California—July 14, 2008—Apple® today announced it sold its one millionth iPhone™ 3G on Sunday, just three days after its launch on Friday, July 11. iPhone 3G is now available in 21 countries—Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and the US—and will go on sale in France on July 17.
“iPhone 3G had a stunning opening weekend,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “It took 74 days to sell the first one million original iPhones, so the new iPhone 3G is clearly off to a great start around the world.”

RB 182
if you hold home... THEN press the lock button briefly the screen flashes white, anyone know what that is? lol
New feature of a screenshot of the iPhone, look in the saved photos in Photo and it will show you the screenshot.

Edit: Opps thought I was at the end of the thread lol

Haha.
When you ring O2 on a pay monthly contract, they have a "Press 1 for iPhone" and you go straight to an advisor.. haha. High demand ftw! No messing around.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Dial 2302 and go direct to iPhone customer services based in Glasgow :)

Yeah...when I told them that my accelerometer was faulty the response I got (in as many words) was...

"Have you tried turning it off and back on again".

Yes I have, I'm not a r****d.

182-racing-blue

Dial 2302 and go direct to iPhone customer services based in Glasgow :)

Yeah...when I told them that my accelerometer was faulty the response I got (in as many words) was...

"Have you tried turning it off and back on again".

Yes I have, I'm not a r****d.

Typical sweaty instruction.

They all read from cards and eat cow n' gate.

Best thing is to go to a store but not on a Saturday cos you will get some chav kid you cares more bout his appearance than your custom and keeps saying "basically". I hate that!!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll goto the Apple Store if I have any faults with my iPhone, they replace things with minimal trouble.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'll goto the Apple Store if I have any faults with my iPhone, they replace things with minimal trouble.

Yeah, after I got put through to apple the guy eventually told me just to take it into the closest store and a "genius" would look at it and then they'd replace it.

SLK 350
Ok...iPhone is officially the fking boll0cks!

Set this badboy up on exchange today via activesync after a bit of dicking around, and I gotta say I'm very impressed.

Did some tests and we counted 4 seconds from sending via Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2007 to it reaching the iPhone, pretty much identical to it hitting my Pearl - and a lot faster than it actually reached my Outlook inbox!

Also did some dabbling with Calendar/Contact sync's and it worked flawlessly, was pretty flawless in truth. Only thing it did slightly glitch on was when I was exiting from file attachments the screen wouldn't refresh to show my inbox again at times, but nothing major.

Also ordered 8 16GB models for work today so I'll be the owner of 3 iPhones...testicular cancer FTW!

Oh and on the Appstore:
-Tap Tap Revenge is fantastic
-Remote, freakin' rocks!
-Voicenotes, nice addition.
-JirboBreak, brickbreaker for iPony.

-Virgin Radio, fking garbage..useless app.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Virgin Radio app is crap, it never bloody works right when I try it. I may buy Tuner.

Aurora Feint is good. Shape Writing Pad is a cool way of writing emails, Apple should add this method as an option for sms writing.