ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Is there an MSN app for this?

Also is there an easy way for me to copy all my contacts from k800i to iphone.

and lastly, what use is the bluetooth on these? Just for headsets etc? no sending or receiving data?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Correct on all counts :)

Bluetooth is pretty much crippled still, hopefully they will open it up in the near future.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
hmmm best get the k800i software on and synced up!

just been looking and web msn may work...

surprised there is no msn app tho!!!!!!

There's an AIM application.. and also a web based iPhone-optomised Google Talk client.

The main reason chat apps suck is that they don't do background running.. so you have to have it showing at all times. If they integrated MSN/Jabber/etc all properly, and it had a proper widget like the mail one which new message notification, it would be immense. I guess they won't though, as it costs the phone company money with no one sending SMS! :p

Citroen DS3 DSport
It may appear, AIM app is available already and works well but MSN would be better.

Daz, Push IM will be a feature come September so expect more apps then :)

It may appear, AIM app is available already and works well but MSN would be better.

Daz, Push IM will be a feature come September so expect more apps then :)

It'll be beyond awesome then.. full push IM with Jabber and MSN integration would be awesome. I guess it'll just be Jabber based (open, so easy to do) but with MSN transports.

iPhone 4G will have no SMS.. obsolete protocols FTW! ;)

We need a decent Mac forum... Apple > * :p

Citroen DS3 DSport
It'll be great when that firmware revision goes live, they mentioned it during the last keynote speech. Apps will close on exit but will remain live on the client server and a notification will be sent when a new message is received.

It'll be great when that firmware revision goes live, they mentioned it during the last keynote speech.

Really?
I must go watch it (again).

Haha. HD stream time!
Can't beat watching a keynote whilst in bed - beats reading a book! ;)

It'll be great when that firmware revision goes live, they mentioned it during the last keynote speech. Apps will close on exit but will remain live on the client server and a notification will be sent when a new message is received.

Hmm, wonder how it'll work then. Must be Jabber based?
I'd want to run my own Jabber server though if possible.. none of this Mobile Me stuff for me..

Citroen DS3 DSport
Not sure how it works but it sounded clever when I heard about it. A good way of saving on iPhone resources while still providing a fully functional messaging service.

Ok, the Push Notification Service looks awesome.

It keeps a connection open to the phone, but just acts as a third party in the connection between the phone and the IM server.... sooooooo.... any client (MSN, Jabber, etc) should be able to benefit from it..

Now that's seriously cool.

That's how BlackBerry Enterprise works....

Formally Clio 182
I'm loving these apps - they rule.

Vicinity has impressed me most cos it's so useful as it shows me where local business are when I'm out and about.

And oh yes, I'm one of those customers who signed up to a business contract at an o2 store Friday morning who still has 'No Service' grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLK250 CDI
Do screen protectors from the original iPhone fit the 3G too? I know the body is a different shape/size, does this apply to the screen/front too?

SLK 350
Shouldn't really need a screen protector anyway you've got to really try if you want to scratch it, the bezel however I've managed to scratch already :)

BTW, Anybody noticed that the 3G model seems to 'lag' more than the old one when typing email/forum posting. I also think the screen is somehow less responsive generally.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Let me know sneeks RE Tuner, interested particularly in 3G use.

The Tuner app works very well, especially in a 3G area. I'll have to test it some more though as it did pause the feed for no apparent reason fairly often during the train journey to work this morning.

I've selected Virgin radio and will leave it playing while sitting at my desk and see how it goes. For £2.99 though it's not bad value. Sat listening to the American police scanners on it last night.

All radio stations from Shoutcast are available

http://www.shoutcast.com/

EDIT: 20 minutes now and Virgin radio is still playing without any issues.

Tuner.jpg

Last edited:
  20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Tuner looks and sounds good, could be tempted with that!

What is the best cover/protection for the iphone? Currrently using an apple sock as I bought 6 ages ago, but looking at either the Shieldzone invisible shield full body, or the Incase Slider Case. Dont want anything too bulky, but something to protect it from scratches would be nice!

http://www.ibitstore.com/index.php?controller=product&product_id=3741&path=88

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/T...phone/iphone_accessories/cases&mco=MTI0OTk3NA

SLK 350
^I had Invisible Shield on my old one, complete b1tch to fit correctly and after a while dust got under the edges and it began to peel so I ripped it off.

Tough stuff and does the job, but it's not ideal. On this one I'm not bothering, prefer it to be scratched and get a new one on insurance when it's battered.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
maybe i should have taken insurance out lol!

Could actually add it, just an extra £7 a month id rather not add to my phone bill!

Let me know sneeks RE Tuner, interested particularly in 3G use.

The Tuner app works very well, especially in a 3G area. I'll have to test it some more though as it did pause the feed for no apparent reason fairly often during the train journey to work this morning.

I've selected Virgin radio and will leave it playing while sitting at my desk and see how it goes. For £2.99 though it's not bad value. Sat listening to the American police scanners on it last night.

All radio stations from Shoutcast are available

http://www.shoutcast.com/

EDIT: 20 minutes now and Virgin radio is still playing without any issues.

Tuner.jpg
which tuner is that? on the preview of the one i found its red?

Citroen DS3 DSport
The battery does take a hammering in comparison to the old iPhone. I'm hoping it improves after several full charges, it did last time. I'm also using it far more right now testing different apps etc so it will be draining more due to that too.

Citroen DS3 DSport
My original would last roughly 4.5 hours usage or two days standby, whichever came first.

I think this will be similar but right now I can hit 4 hours usage within half a day :D

Citroen DS3 DSport
I have wifi and gps off unless I actually need them. 3G is left on because I am in a 3G aree while at work with no EDGE to fall back upon.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Will traffic info work on this in the UK then on google maps?

Not tried it on the actual road yet, but its always greyed out (probably cos there is no traffic in my house)