ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

Citroen DS3 DSport
Oddly the box contents includes a SIM ejector tool. Currently they treat it like you should never be removing the SIM.

Mobileme will cost £59 which is good value. I'll demo it for 60 days first and make sure I use it.

prod-hero-white.jpg
prod-hero-black.jpg

http://www.apple.com/iphone/gallery/360/index_white.html

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
didnt mention mms though ?

plus anyone noticed the pics of appstore look identical to installer??

oh and no video calling like people said....

Last edited:
  RB 182
The MobileMe looks very handy, especially with the iPhone but it's very price like the .mac service was.

Citroen DS3 DSport
£59.99 per year is not a lot of money for what you get included. I'll give it a go.

I'm glad they never included a front facing camera, I've never once used video calling in any phone I've had that supported it.

Hopefully MMS can be supported via the app store.

Is anyone else slightly dissopointed that its so cheap to buy? I kind of like the exclusivity of the current iphone. Its not like the n95 or the SE k8100i where every man and his dog has got one.

Obviously its good that exsiting iphone owners can buy one so cheap so seen as we already have the 1st gean its clear most people could afford to pay the price?

I just hope it doesnt end up being like everywhere you turn you see someone with an iphone.

Dont want to piss on everybodies fireworks, but the only reason its so cheap now is that o2 will have to sign you up for a contract instore, not like you could do with the old one and do it over the phone....

Citroen DS3 DSport
O2 selling the 8gb for £99 on a £35 per month or less tariff, free on the £45 or £75 plan.

£159 for the 16gb on £30/£35 plan, £59 on £45 plan and free on £75 plan.

Nobody knows much yet fella.

App store is basically the same thing, but it wont be free.

Someone, somewhere will unlock it. Im just hoping they do the contracts the same was at last time otherwise i'll have to run 2 or buy PAYG.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
well i will be upgrading and looks like 16gb will cost me 59 quid to upgrade... u just have to agree to extending your contract by a further 18months....

fiesta 1.25
Handset subject to availability. Connection subject to status, 18-month minimum term contract, credit check & direct debit. Data usage whilst roaming not included. Unlimited Wi-Fi is available at any of the 9,500 Wi-Fi hotspots from our partners The Cloud and BT Openzone (available from 11 July 2008). Excessive usage policy and full terms apply.

Well thats not very good after making it a 3g

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Handset subject to availability. Connection subject to status, 18-month minimum term contract, credit check & direct debit. Data usage whilst roaming not included. Unlimited Wi-Fi is available at any of the 9,500 Wi-Fi hotspots from our partners The Cloud and BT Openzone (available from 11 July 2008). Excessive usage policy and full terms apply.

Well thats not very good after making it a 3g

3g is included in the data bundle

FFS its so cheap. There goes the exclusivity. That's what made it so special, knowing not a lot of people had one. TBH

Citroen DS3 DSport
Data usage whilst roaming refers to using the iPhone outwith the UK.

It'll be a huge selling handset now at these prices and easily beats the offerings from other manuafacturers. I thought the same when I paid £269 for the current model, even more reason to now.

It's expected that customers will have to signup in store now and will not simply buy the handset and go home with it.

ValverInBits
can someone explain jailbreaking an iPhone to me. Not the method, just the why?
Can you then use it on any network?

Unlocking - enables any sim card from any network provider to be used in the Iphone

Activation - Skips the Itunes activation page so you do not have to sign o2's contract

Jailbreaking - Allows 3rd party applications to be installed on the Iphone.

Most 'jailbreaking' programs do all three + more.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

use it on any network, use 3rd party aplications, change the appearance of the phone, etc... which apple are bound to do at some point however they will charge... jailbraking makes it free

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
annoyed about the exclusivity of it tbh. wondering if we'll see iphone2 / iphone nano at the end of the year. A good source told me a chinese manufacturing company had got smaller iphone chasis in stock. who knows i guess.

seems pretty good, i hope you don't have to sign a contract for it tho...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Right.

Very Bad news.

o2/cpw only.
You cannot walk away with a 3g iphone without signing your life away.

So assuming its £99 thats £539 please.

Lets hope PAYG is cheaper!

Last edited:
  57 Clio Campus Sport
WHAT A PILE OF POOP!

Been waiting for this for ages and it finally comes out and it's not much better than the original.

Finally has 3G but

Still no MMS
Still no 5MP Camera
Still no proper bluetooth (don't think)

What a disappointment!

AND!

They are selling them for £100 with a £30/month contract and will be on PAYG! Even poor people can afford them now! So what's the point in even getting one

I hate samsungs but that new samsung looks way better than this!

Last edited: