ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

Tesla MP3 2021
Mine has froze a few times using the facebook app but not when using the std phone features.

My iPhone purchasing experience:

Mum goes into Carphonewarehouse: "Yes we have one, but it's reserved"
So Mum goes on to say how come when she goes in, they never call her to say they have stock but other people can reserve. So they agree to call tomorrow (Sunday) as the one they have is for collection, but may not be collected.

30 mins later, CPW call Mum - "We've spoken to the bloke, he's already got one, so you can have this one". Fine.
I went in around 10 minutes later as I was in town to upgrade my phone. They take details, bank details (It's an upgrade to my none-iPhone o2 contract) then it goes away to processing.

"Sorry, you aren't eligible for upgrade until the 18th November 2008". Well, that's wrong, as O2 direct say I can upgrade from the 27th June onwards. I ring O2 customer services, and they say "Yes, definetely you can upgrade, but CPW will need to ring us on the dealer services line to get it authorised.. here's the number: ******"

So I go back to the counter.. they agree to call.. give them the number.. it's incorrect. So they ring their own O2 direct number and get through to someone - I give the guy my details again, including password, and O2 say sorry.. you need to wait until the 26th July. So they say come back next week.

I go out and think.. this is stupid.. so I ring O2 direct again and speak to someone else.. they say "You are definetely eligible for an upgrade. The November date is when you moved billing system.. you are well out of contract, there are no problems.. let me speak to them" so I walk back into the store and give the phone to the CPW bloke. He speaks to them, gets told that it's OK and processes it again.. it comes back declined and the November date again, so O2 say something like "oh, then you may need to wait until the 26th July.. maybe you need to wait until the full 12 months is up.. even though you can upgrade a full month before"

So, wtf?! Would I have this problem in an O2 shop? I ain't got a clue.. they're holding me one for next Saturday, but I might try the O2 shop if they get any stock during the week.

You can see why people get angry - I can get an upgrade, but it's being decline for some nonsense reason and saying November, even though O2 are saying it's OK!.

My current contract is with O2 direct.. so if they say yes, but CPW are saying no.. Uh.

I never really trusted many of the angry people with bad upgrade experiences, as I've never generally had a problem.. but man, I can see why now. What a c**k up.

So, I still don't have an iPhone.

Clio 182
Hmmm that sounds like the hassel i usually have with 02.

Ive just checked my online bill and have seen that ive got a data charge so phoned up 02 and apparently the downloading of attachments off your email isnt covered.

Anyone else noticed that ?

Hmmm that sounds like the hassel i usually have with 02.

Ive just checked my online bill and have seen that ive got a data charge so phoned up 02 and apparently the downloading of attachments off your email isnt covered.

Anyone else noticed that ?

Uh.. data is data is data.
This sounds bad, haha.

No way do they charge for attachment downloading..

Citroen DS3 DSport
I read the post incorrectly and that question was wrongly meant for you :D

All data is included, I can't see why attachments would be different or how they'd even make the distinction.

Clio 182
Just read on the card which comes with the o2 pack that you get unlimited data browsing and unlimited Wi-Fi.

So i guess data browsing is different than data downloading and only thing i have downloaded since having it is the attachments off my email.

Citroen DS3 DSport
It may work itself out on your bill but I've never been charged for downloading any attachments. If this is your first bill they can often have some odd entries listed.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It may work itself out on your bill but I've never been charged for downloading any attachments. If this is your first bill they can often have some odd entries listed.

Yeah, I'd go with this theory too. O2 seem pretty incompetent first billing cycle - I got all sorts of random charges first time I was on O2.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Im thinking of returning my iphone.

i bought it from CPW and was told i have 14 days if i change my mind.

i gave them a call today and they said i cant return it has ive made a call on the phone.

As anyone else returned a used phone within 14 days without problems?

Thanks

VRS
picked up a 16gb yesterday :D

spotted on the O2 site that they had delivered a load to about 30 stores at dinnertime so walked straight in and got one, no queues thank god lol

took a while to sort out my tariff as i was after a discount as my dads company gets O2 discount, at first they werent sure whether they could do it with the iphone being new release and seeing as even the O2 staff cant get it on discount yet.

after a few phone calls they got me 30% off my tariff so all in all im a happy fellow :D good work O2

Citroen DS3 DSport
Most of the Glasgow and Edinburgh stores received several 16gb handsets yesterday and I think that was the same throughout the UK. They sold almost instantly but I'm sure it means stock is starting to filter through the system.

Most of the Glasgow and Edinburgh stores received several 16gb handsets yesterday and I think that was the same throughout the UK. They sold almost instantly but I'm sure it means stock is starting to filter through the system.

According to O2, they're all out - even the list they had all week which updated every day has gone now :(

http://shop.o2.co.uk/info/

Astra CDTI SRI
Ok, all the non standard apps have stopped working.

Tried resetting the phone (Holding the top button and the menu button, then sliding to the left to turn off) but no joy.

Any ideas, apart from doing a itunes restore?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Have you tried holding both those buttons until it turns off automatically? Do not swipe the off button.

Ok, all the non standard apps have stopped working.

Tried resetting the phone (Holding the top button and the menu button, then sliding to the left to turn off) but no joy.

Any ideas, apart from doing a itunes restore?

had this on my first one... deleted and reinstalled all app's. ghey!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I tried LOADS of O2 and CPW stores in London on Friday, all had 8gbs, none had 16gbs, so I'm still without one. It doesn't help that the O2 store here is out of action because of a refit, so, so f**ked off.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Staines store is closed still, Windsor have no stock. I had a look at both White & Black in Apple at Bluewater on Saturday, definite Black for me, White looks cheap.