ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New key for import P2

Golf PD130
Hello All,

I have an imported 172 with aftermarket alarm fitted. I only have one key and I'm looking into options for getting a secondary one cut.

Does anyone know if the keys for import models need to be programmed/genuine Renault to start the car? My Clifford fob deals with the unlocking and immobilizer. Spending £120+ to get a new programmed key from Renault seems a bit excessive if my car doesn't need it...

Cheers!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Where in the south west are you.

keys are expensive yeah its the programming that bumps it up.
I doubt your alarm does the immob as its built in to the car.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You could get just a blade cut , but that won't disarm the immobiliser . It'll only let you open the door via the doorlock , you'd need a new plip programmed to the car . Thats the expensive part like you say . Your Clifford fob will only arm and disarm your alarm . Also there's no difference in UK or imported model keys . It's the same car built in the same factory . Just the imports never came with an alarm . So yes , if you want a new plip you'll have to bite the bullet and get it programmed by Renault .