ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New keys, ecu, uch...?

Right guys, I've just bought a rb 182. It has air con, cruise, traction etc.. And I love it! It's my third RS, first 182.

Basically, I want keys to it that no previous owner has ever had.
I'm really not looking to get into why I want to do this, it's just something I feel needs to be done. It wasn't the best sale and I only have one key. It's just something that will put my mind to rest and keep me calm every time I hear a sporty car start up outside.

So yeah.. Back to it :smile:
What do I need all together?

I've found this on eBay: 291525749824
Is that any good to me?

Thanks in advance, Cory.

330i. E30 Touring.
If you want two keys, best to get key, UCH and ECU.

If you only want one, then blade, barrel and door lock is all that's required. But the old owner could potentially still open the car if they have a key.

For complete security from old owner, you'll need:
Key(s), ECU, UCH, Door Barrel, Ignition barrel. All from the same car.

dan's cast offs.
@bloke what about the immobiliser?

if you only want to change the key then no need to change ecu, uch etc.
to be honest it's a lot to do if you're just being a bit paranoid...what if the person you get the bits from has a spare key, keeps a note of your address and then comes and pinches the car:wink:

if you only want to change the key then no need to change ecu, uch etc.
to be honest it's a lot to do if you're just being a bit paranoid...what if the person you get the bits from has a spare key, keeps a note of your address and then comes and pinches the car:wink:

I appreciate where you are coming from. But its not just a case of being paranoid, prevention is better than a cure.
The way I look at it is, I have one key. One day, I might lose that and need the spare. It will cost me far less to change the above required than it would to call a locksmith out on an emergency call.

I want no way of any previous owner entering or starting my car.

I don't have post sent to my address as I work all day. I collect my post from somebody :) .

dan's cast offs.
This argument couldn't play better in my favour 😂 it's my partners PayPal and eBay account :tongueclosed:

I don't want my car taken away from me :weary::weary: I love it too much

they will kidnap her and at the slightest threat of torture she will grass you up and tell them where the car is...THEY ARE COMING FOR IT NOW!!!!!!!!