ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Laptop...

1.6 Ford Focus
It's time to get a new laptop I think as my current one is 5 years old and made out of old tank parts...

Anyone know of somewhere decent or recommend me a decent laptop? It's used for graphics and general internet work so it needs to be good enough spec to run Adobe products flawlessly.

Only main requirements I have is it must be above 15" screen with a decent resolution, must have built in wireless, needs to be running Windows 7, needs a 250GB+ hard drive and preferably have built in bluetooth and webcam.

The problem I have is my budget, which is around £350.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I was going to shout MBP, until I saw the budget.

Loan & MBP?

Especially if you're a designer. It's a crime to design on Windows.

1.6 Ford Focus
I was going to shout MBP, until I saw the budget.

Loan & MBP?

Especially if you're a designer. It's a crime to design on Windows.

Haha, yeah the budget is an issue...

I would get a Mac but unlike most designers im not a fan of them.

Im looking at the Acer Aspire 7511 but the best price I have found is £470, but then it does have an epic spec.

1.6 Ford Focus
lol, gotta give it to Christopher for trying!

I'm on the look out too and on the same sort of budget

Not an easy task is it?

It might just be me but I swear these mini notebooks with 10" screens are replacing normal full size laptops.

VaVa
I just bought one form Aldi for £399. They do a 320GB model for £379.99 and also sell a 1TB external SATA HDD for £59.

Good spec, better than anything else for the money. Super fast too tbh. Only thing it doesn't have is bluetooth.. but pretty sure you can buy a dongle for about 10 pence these days.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?reviewId=3237807

Intel Core i3-350M processor, (2.26GHz, 3MB Intel Smart Cache, Intel Hyper-Threading Technology); Genuine Windows 7
mag-glass_10x10.gif
Home Premium; 3GB DDR3 SDRAMworking memory; 500GB S-ATA hard drive; 17.3in widescreen LED-backlit display, with HD+ resolution (1600x900 pixels), 16:9 format for HD playback in wide-screen format; High Definition Audio with 2 speakers & 1 subwoofer, Dolby Home Theater v3 certified; 8x multi-standard DVD/CD burner with DVD-RAM and Dual Layer support; 1.3 Mp webcam and microphone; DVB-T TV-tuner; 8 cell high performance Li-ion battery; SD, SDHC, MMC, MS & MS Pro; Network Controller Gigabit LAN (10/100/1000 MBit/s)

1.6 Ford Focus
That doesn't look too bad actually... pretty good spec as well.

Medion doesn't strike me as a well known brand though.

Audi S1
Save and get a MBP. I can't rate it highly enough, best purchase I've ever made tbh.

I also have a VM for Windows 7 on my MBP :)

VaVa
That doesn't look too bad actually... pretty good spec as well.

Medion doesn't strike me as a well known brand though.

They're pretty well known. German company.

Although if you're wanting that spec for that money, you may have to turn off your brand snobbery! ;)