ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new magnecor leads.

ibiza cupra
just put some new 7mm leads on today and its running sound. But when i am in low revs like going over a speedbump but stay in 2nd, when i get back on the accelerator it pops quite loudly. is this normal?:S

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
how old are the plugs? all the leads connected on correctly both ends?

ibiza cupra
how old are the plugs? all the leads connected on correctly both ends?
plugs are about 18-19 months old. checked them all before i put the leads in as it had been missfireing and they all looked fine. checked the gaps too and all at 1mm.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
maybe try putting the original leads back on and see how it is from there?

that is if the other leads are ok...

edit.. beaten to it!

ibiza cupra
it runs better with the new leads on than before. when it was cold, if you held the revs at about 2000rpm it would splutter and missfire. and when you came up to juctions and went to pull off, it would splutter before going anywhere but it didnt do it on the way home. just popped in second when at about 1500 rpm. rest of the time it was running nice.

RenaultSport 172
I've just sent back a set of Magnecor leads as one of them was faulty and causing the car to splutter and misfire!

But at other times it was fine.

ibiza cupra
well the car still spluttered this morning when it had been left allnight so it hasnt sorted that but the popping when low revs in 2nd seems to have gone away:S.
still pops a bit on the over run but i am putting that down to it being decatted more than anything.
is there a cold start temp sensor sort of thing that could be faulty and causing the splutter when cold?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
I've just sent back a set of Magnecor leads as one of them was faulty and causing the car to splutter and misfire!

But at other times it was fine.

How did you test them? Because i think my leads are causinh misfire and spluttering,

2002 Cup172
Check that you have your leads positioned under the top inlet manifold correctly, They normally have some type of plastic banding around the leads and if thats not in the right place, ie stoppin the lead touch anything metal they can arc out slightly and cause popping and misfiring :)

RenaultSport 172
How did you test them? Because i think my leads are causinh misfire and spluttering,

My friend came round with this pen type thing and was touching the leads starting from the coilpack and following it back to under the inlet and it would not flash as bright

ibiza cupra
My friend came round with this pen type thing and was touching the leads starting from the coilpack and following it back to under the inlet and it would not flash as bright
you can also use a mutlimeter and test the resistance as well i think. if one has a higher resistance than the rest then its no good. if they are all the same then they are fine... or all foooked lol.