ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Megane Coupe

Seen this this morning at my local stealers when i was getting a rear wiper blade.

Looks really nice, apart from the wheels, a simple set of 18" Turini's would put right ;)

Excuse the shitty phone pics

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

Looks really mean! :evil:

Paitently waiting for the RS version ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
please tell me those wheels are a joke and they have still to put the new ones on.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
imo it looks abit like it fell together. someof the lines are very odd. but as we know renault do wonders with the sport range...

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I'm not keen on it really.
Fronts too high by miles and the backend is massive.

It may grow on me though and I'd decide when I see the new RS.

Only a couple more months till we'll see what it will actaully look like.

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Not to keen on that, park it next to a new scirocco and it looks tacky. Iam sure the sport version will be awesome though.

MKIII 138
looks good, and tbh with some decent wheels + lowered spaced etc.. and lack of plaggy bumper/side bits would mint. the new astra was a great shape like this but a bit 'thin' and the new focus was too fat and ugly, this is a combo of both its fat and fit :p

RS version should be good.

and lets be honest theres a fair slice of attitiude in that design, usually with renaults like 172/182 its all subtle this and chique with dainty thin panels and small arches + grills but this shouts wide low rear with sports looks, center exhaust, huge front grill etc..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
looks good, and tbh with some decent wheels + lowered spaced etc.. and lack of plaggy bumper/side bits would mint. the new astra was a great shape like this but a bit 'thin' and the new focus was too fat and ugly, this is a combo of both its fat and fit :p

RS version should be good.

and lets be honest theres a fair slice of attitiude in that design, usually with renaults like 172/182 its all subtle this and chique that but this shouts wide low rear with sports looks, center exhaust, huge front grill etc..
good shout phil. a great base for the sports mdel tbh.
shame about those wheels i really like it.

MKIII 138
..and with new interior quality from laguna, and better build usign nissan tech + usual discounts it will sell.

if the rear is that 'phat' on the sport model and the front aggressive with huge intakes, what the hell will it be like on the RS version ?!! , i expect the lower rear bumper to vanish and a 197 diffuser in black and center exhaust to get larger.

MKIII 138
btw is looks better than the new impreza wrx for sure ! even in sport trim.
the RS version is probably going to look better than the STi by that same token :)

CLIO Iceberg 172
what are we looking at on engine specs on this item, it should be a beast in the rs version

as far as i kno there is 106BHP diesel (£35 per year tax)

and a 150BHP diesel

Then the 2 litre turbo RS version later this year :D

J03

MX5 1.8
my effort with turnins and a few changes...

meggy.jpg

imo turinis look kinda dated on this car...

Ian

Focus TDCi
They work for me, perfectly. It's beginning to look better, but the front and rear bumpers and sideskirts truly spoil it imo.

3 x Renaults + Lexus
Saw the 5 door in the flesh and did not like it... 3 door looks like a different car

Inside its well built not 100% sure about the dials cant wait for the 250BHP Meg Sport version with some nice alloys

clio 172 cup
its looks like it has a stick on back skirt and that exhaust looks out of place.
apart from that the RS version might look gd

It's beginning to look better, but the front and rear bumpers and sideskirts truly spoil it imo.

I may be wrong, but I can't remember seeing it looking that fussy anywhere else and it certainly doesn't look like a standard car from a major manufacturer in those pics, especially the skirt crease and messy front and rear, which screams 'modification' to me, even if it is a Renault-fit item. I'm guessing it's a dealer special with every possible option bolted on.

Anyhow, the basics of it seem perfect for an RS version, especially considering it already has a 2.0l 180ps version available in standard trim, can't wait to see it.

Last edited: