ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Megane to be launched @ Frankfurt Motorshow.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Renault UK just tweeted this image of the New Megane which is being launched tomorrow at the Frankfurt Motorshow.

8a5aguhe.jpg

Made me wonder about the logic of the 4 door only Clio...

So the Clio only comes with 4 doors as the market denotes that the biggest demand is for hatchbacks with 4 doors...

The image above suggests Megane derivatives in 3, 4 and estate versions.

Of the last Megane I don't think I've spotted any estates on the road (were they even available?) and very few 4 doors (in fact very few Meganes full stop)

Is this another blunder by Renault, would it not have been more logical to just have 4 door and estate to cut production costs like they have done with the clio or is there a bigger market for 2 door 'family cars' than small hatchbacks?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks like they have taken the front end off the clio and stuck it on the 265.

Looks good though

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Megane III did come in Estate, we have three on our road alone so look harder lol.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Megane III did come in Estate, we have three on our road alone so look harder lol.

Not many Meganes round here at all (or renaults for that matter) only time I really see another Renault is at work if there is a course on.

Nissan 350z
Looks like the Megane can carry off the "huge Renault badge" approach that is being rolled out accross the ranges currently.
I think its good, as far as Renaults recent track record of updating looks goes this is pretty subtle by their standards.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The Megane III is an brilliant platform on the whole, its completely different to the previous Megane II and I honestly love mine to bits (bar the annoying digital dash... RS' 250 upgrade I think to get clocks back). Its nice to see Renault build quality back to which has been missing since the original Laguna IMO but is it too little too late? They've lost big market share to the Focus and Astra which are both brilliant cars based on French tech/engines.