ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Member - a Quick Hello

Clio 182
Hi all, just joined up so thought I'd do a quick introduction.

I fancied a 172/182 for a while, so around a year ago I spent a few months looking/waiting for the right one to come along. I came across a nice black/gold full fatter, 52K miles, and very standard (yes, even the steering wheel and exhaust are original Renault parts). The guy I bought it off was a bit of a perfectionist and spent a small fortune keeping it maintained, so I feel obliged to keep it as it is - no plans for any mods apart from the steering wheel and exhaust because they are indeed crap! Love driving it, hoping to do a bit of a Eurotrip in it later this year

Attachments

• IMG_2277.JPG
    IMG_2277.JPG
    431.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2280.JPG
    IMG_2280.JPG
    474 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_E2286.JPG
    IMG_E2286.JPG
    255.6 KB · Views: 157
  Clio 182
It's a really good event and great to meet people and see some of the cars that have great build threads on here. Where abouts are you from?
Sounds good, I’ll bear it in mind so long as I’m not on my jollies. I’m near Brum, but don’t mind a trek - good excuse for a day out

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Welcome to the club. And a great purchase! Very hard to find a nice one nowadays. Most people with nice ones aren’t selling them!

Clio 182
Welcome to the club. And a great purchase! Very hard to find a nice one nowadays. Most people with nice ones aren’t selling them!
I’m hoping to keep hold of it for a while, so long as my impending house purchase doesn’t force me to!

Clio 182
It's been nearly a year since I last logged onto this site, so thought I'd make an effort share my 'experiences'. Truth be told I've only covered around 1200 miles in it this year what with it being my second car and working from home etc. Done a few little jobs to keep on top of it, these include:

- Retrimmed wheel by snappy. I'm keen to keep the car fairly standard but with the original wheel being simply awful I wasn't too fussed about having this done. I opted for plain black leather, so it's in keeping with the rest of the car IMO.
- Replaced seized rear wiper motor.
- Sprayed grille in satin black. Again, not original, but looks way better than the old one.
- De-stickified the interior door handles.
- Fixed leaky oil sump gasket.
- Headlights sanded and polished.

I quite like the yellow fog light look so I think that'll be my next job, some may say it's a bit chavvy but I don't care 😁

Will hopefully see a bit more action this year, had the car nearly two years now and I still feel like I haven't experienced all it has to offer. Which is not a bad thing I guess. Would love to take it to Europe :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_4498.JPG
    IMG_4498.JPG
    8.6 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4499.JPG
    IMG_4499.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4500.JPG
    IMG_4500.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4501.JPG
    IMG_4501.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_E4992.JPG
    IMG_E4992.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 103
  BG 182 FF
Nice example, exactly the same as mine, standard BG FF + snappy steering wheel. Hardly used mine thanks to the pandemic but hope to put some miles on once the restrictions lift.
Is the Jenson Interceptor III your other car btw? 🙂

Clio 182
Nice example, exactly the same as mine, standard BG FF + snappy steering wheel. Hardly used mine thanks to the pandemic but hope to put some miles on once the restrictions lift.
Is the Jenson Interceptor III your other car btw? 🙂
Sadly not, my pockets aren't that deep :LOL: Just a guy I sometimes park next to at the office.

Clio 182
MOT passed fine with washer blanks fitted :cool: but since picked up a crack in my windscreen (n) Any recommendations for a windscreen person in the Midlands much appreciated.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
MOT passed fine with washer blanks fitted :cool: but since picked up a crack in my windscreen (n) Any recommendations for a windscreen person in the Midlands much appreciated.
Since your post on the Xenons, I've put some on my 172 cup and it also passed without any issues without the washers also.

Clio 182
I do like black golds with the front grilles painted.

Are they pretty resistant to chipping over time? Or does the paint start to come off quite easily?
No done many miles so too soon to say, but I gave it quite a few coats. Tbh if it starts looking a bit tatty after a couple of years, it's no biggy giving it a bit of a refresh.