ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member after a Clio 182 or 172 just saying hi

Hi everyone! I used to have a K11 Micra which I won a trophy in and did track days in -

IJAXYzH.jpg

Ever since having that I caught the track bug, went from a massive scene ***** rolling around as low as I could to obsessing over sticky tyres and spring rates. :D

Currently got a standard MK2 MX5 I was going to supercharge and hit the tracks with, but it's had a couple of issues that I've had to put a fair bit of money into. I had a MK1 aswell which I was in a pretty big accident in a few years back, the reason I'm selling is I'm not superstitious or anything but it feels like somethings telling me I don't really belong in an MX5 even though I love them.

Anyway onto Clios, ALWAYS loved the 182s ever since my mates mum owned one from new when I was in secondary school. I always see them at track days and they've got a big following it seems, and a huge aftermarket. So I figured let's have a crack at one at last!

I'm after a 172 cup or 182 cup, the small differences won't really affect me too much in the long run I don't think.

Anyone got any quick buying tips? The only thing I'm looking for at the moment is something which has had the belts and dephaser done in the last year or two, other than that they seem like they don't have many problems, which is good.

But yeah hopefully I can sort out a new to me car soon and get involved with the club, cheers for having me.

Cheers for the welcome guys :)

That was my thinking too Advikaz, it'll be my daily/weekend track car. I don't think the premium on the 182 is worth the extra few bits (although if I had the cash I'd definitely get one!) I take it with a decent exhaust and intake 182hp is easily done on the 172 anyway?