ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member Cheltenham area

'02 Clio 172
Hi I'm Adam,

I've had a silver ph2 172 for a couple of months now but was feeling particularly happy with it the other day after replacing all the brakes so I finally stumped up my membership fee!

I got the pack in the post today so happy, although I'll have to factor in the increased fuel costs of carrying that bottle-opener around with me - it is nice though! :D

Car is completely standard and unmolested and just gone over the 72k mark - I saw a few dogs before settling on this one and I am really happy with it - my first Renault (and first car) was an H reg R5 GT Turbo a good few years back - still no idea how I afforded it back then though...

So I just have a standard back box to fit at some point to replace the pattern part with a hole in where the mounting arm has snapped off - I considered a stealth stainless system but my insurer wanted an extra 80 quid to add to my policy so I though I'd just stick with standard for a while!

The only problem with the car is the radio reception - it's terrible. I replaced the antenna itself but it makes no difference - in fact it make no difference to what I can pick up if I remove the antenna altogether - is there a connection somewhere between the base on the roof and the back of the HU?

cheers,

ad.