ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member - Clio Mk1 - Big plans...

Renault Clio Mk1
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum, and I'm not sure if I'm in the right place. I have a Clio Mk1 that I have owned for 10 years. 5 years ago I imported it to Malta at ridiculous expense (like 3 times the value of the car), and since then it's been absolutely battered by the awful roads, and the even worse driving over here.

It's getting to the stage where my little scruff is coming to the end of her life, as it's been tough over here for it. I'm thinking of either turning my equally battered 205 CJ or the Clio into a track car - nothing stupid, thinking about 150-170bhp would be nice - and I have no real idea of where to go.

Reliable advice over here is quite difficult to come-by. The locals hate foreigners, and also take any chance they can get to charge you through the nose, so anything you guys can contribute would be appreciated so much!

Thanks

Renault Clio Mk1
This is the car in all her glory. She also has a white wing on the opposite side! :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200824_164732.jpg
    Screenshot_20200824_164732.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 83
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I drove a Maserati Ghibli through 'Attard with a €3,000 excess.
I've never been so scared in my life, the roads are so narrow in towns, the kerbs massive & the driving on main roads is comical at times.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Welcome. Nice to see someone from Malta on here. Car certainly looks battered by the roads, not surprising really.
Your certainly in the right place for help and inspiration.

Renault Clio Mk1
I drove a Maserati Ghibli through 'Attard with a €3,000 excess.
I've never been so scared in my life, the roads are so narrow in towns, the kerbs massive & the driving on main roads is comical at times.
Haha yeah driving here is insane. My wife has lost both wings to people just flinging their doors open as she passed! You must have been insane to drive a Ghibli in Malta!

Renault Clio Mk1
Welcome. Nice to see someone from Malta on here. Car certainly looks battered by the roads, not surprising really.
Your certainly in the right place for help and inspiration.
Thank you very much! I will post updates as the project gets started :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
I drove from bugibba to sliema on my wedding day in a hired Suzuki alto and that was scary enough the prospect of losing €150! Although it helps if you drive like everyone else, see a gap and go!

Renault Clio Mk1
I drove from bugibba to sliema on my wedding day in a hired Suzuki alto and that was scary enough the prospect of losing €150! Although it helps if you drive like everyone else, see a gap and go!
I prefer just closing my eyes... :D