ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member, from hants/herts

ph1 track weapon
Hey all,
joined ages ago as was planning on getting a 172 back in 2006! but ended up with an Ibiza cupra. New car time has come round again and the yearning for a clio has come back

am currently on the hunt for a 172 Cup with lowish miles, and need it fairly soon, as have just sold my VW Bora and it goes tomorrow.

Live in Hants (winchester or Chandlers Ford), but the rents live up in Herts (Hatfield) and should hopefully see a few members about

Looking forward to having a good time here

ed

Hope your search is fruitful and welcome. Will look out for you at future meets. We are a miserable lot and stand around in car parks all night talking about Clios.

Next meet is Sunday for the Goodwood Breakfast Club

ph1 track weapon
gorgeous car but having had 3 silver cars in a row i really dont want another. plus its most definitely a cup i'm after

ed

Clio 1970000000
Welcome. I think that there are a few of us near Hatfield. Hopfully we will get a meet on there at some point.

Dynamique Flamer
Hai I am the area rep for south coast so look out for threads in local meets section as said there is RR day on 28th even if you come for a chat we are all friendly :) good luck for the search for your new car.

Monaco 172
ah right yeah i know the place, any idea on costs as i'm quite interested :) do you mean 28th as in tommorrow?

ph1 track weapon
may come to the rr day but I dont have the best of relationships with Regal after some issues with my previous car

we shall see

ed

ph1 track weapon
Right, looks like I found me a car.

2003 (03) 172 cup, 63k, needs belts doing, very tidy otherwise. Apparently has ABS (was this an option?), but is up for £3500. will most likely haggle on it, but does it sound kosher?

ed

172 cup
hi welcome to cs im from hatfield .i was lookin to sell my cup untill i decide to sell it for parts:( although i have 2 carbon fibre bonnets avalible if your interested in one

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Right, looks like I found me a car.

2003 (03) 172 cup, 63k, needs belts doing, very tidy otherwise. Apparently has ABS (was this an option?), but is up for £3500. will most likely haggle on it, but does it sound kosher?

ed

As Sam said, 172 cups didn't come with ABS.

Beware Quite often people try and sell 172's off as 'cups'

ph1 track weapon
comes up as a cup on an HPI, on V5 and has everything a cup should have (badges,turinis,interior,no AC, no spare etc). Being sold by a woman but her husband said he was sure it has ABS as 'if he stamped on the brakes they didn't lock up'

it all seems to check out ok i think, just wondering whether a slightly newer car, with 10k less, AND belts done would be a bettter buy for another £500?

ed

ph1 track weapon
Even better, if theres anyone in the herts area able to come have a quick look at this one with me today just to give me a 2nd opinion theres a few beers in it for you!

near to hatfield

ed

ph1 track weapon
Pasty - as long as k-tec can get my cambelt and service done in time i shall yep. plus I may get a couple of special goodies done whilst i'm there

Oh also, do we need to pay a deposit for the RR day?

Ultra Red Megane 225
Pasty - as long as k-tec can get my cambelt and service done in time i shall yep. plus I may get a couple of special goodies done whilst i'm there

Oh also, do we need to pay a deposit for the RR day?

Tie up deposits etc with Kerry, shes given me 10 so far but I think that we have to just turn up on the day.

Dynamique Flamer
We don't need anymore deposits it's just turn up on the day. Pasty I gave Phil £50 worth of deposits.

ph1 track weapon
Any of you guys been to the SoVAG meet 1st monday of the month? its up bedford place, southampton way, and has kinda gone from VAG to free-for-all.

Philly with the Civic goes down quite a bit

Ultra Red Megane 225
Any of you guys been to the SoVAG meet 1st monday of the month? its up bedford place, southampton way, and has kinda gone from VAG to free-for-all.

Philly with the Civic goes down quite a bit

I might go monday then. Do you know the little ginger bearded one then?

ph1 track weapon
phil?
I know of him yep, possibly met him once, but not properly know him

can hear that civic from winchester though!

Ultra Red Megane 225
its going to annoy some people at the rolling road day. You should try doing a 1/4 mile drag race against him. its ridiculous!