ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member from Norfolk

Clio 172
Hi everybody,I'm Carl and I currently own a Monaco Blue 172.I have de-chavved it by putting it back to standard and in the process making it noticeably more pleasant to drive. I bought it a year ago and it was in a
bad way.Slammed on rock hard coil overs that we're shot and set up by Stevie Wonder.It tramlined and bounced across the road like a rubber ball.The tyres were nearly bald and the rear brakes shot,but it had just had £1300 of engine work done as the Auxiliary Belt had snapped and you can guess what happened next!!Also had a new power steering pump fitted as well,and only got a genuine 70,000 on the clock.
Bodywork is in good condition,a couple of stone chips and a few tiny scratches,this is made up for by having a Trophy spoiler fitted.
I have replaced the coilovers with standard shocks,replaced the tyres with Pirelli PZeros and the rear discs and pads.Looking to do an odd track day next year and see where we go from there.

Last edited:

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
hey, welcome to the forum. your first renault sport?
There's a rolling road day in Eye (suffolk way, half an hour from norwich) this sunday at 10am. come along if your free

Clio 182
Markerboy, think i flashed your wife in Dussindale the other day hoping it might of been you!....... that sounds worse than it is haha

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
She has a 182 RB, and she did mention someone flashed her. we live in dussindale so it wouldn't surprise me if you did see her. having said that I drive it as much as she does. you coming to the RR day?

Clio 182
Im not crazy work shifts at the moment. I really need to come to a meet soon though. Just hard with my job un-sociable hours etc! Sucks.

SQ5
Welcome Carl, as above we've got a rolling road day right next to Scholar in Mendelsham if your interested.

Details are in the Regional Meets section