ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member looking to buy a track ready Clio ...advice please

Hi new to here and new to Renault and clios to be honest, used to have a Astra vxr stage 3 which I took on track, that was a couple years ago, and I am now after just a track car and thought a Clio would be a good place to start , anyone know of any good ones for sale , have about £3000/£3500 anything I should look out for when buying one ect advice would be great guys

Welcome to the forum. Personally I'd stay clear of cheap coilovers, fine for looks but not for track. As always with these I'd make sure the belts aren't due. Should see plenty for your budget around the forum though.

Mec 350 slk manual
The Meg turbo ones don't really come up for sale
Your budget is up to £3500 and this is up for £3900 and with best offer so I would contact the guy and ask questions on the car with build history

Mec 350 slk manual
If I was going to buy another clio it would be the Meg one as its has had time and money spent on it why don't you call the guy and ask questions like when was the timing belt and aux belts were done ? It would cost you a lot more and time if you had a std clio and had to do all the mods

320d
Hi new to here and new to Renault and clios to be honest, used to have a Astra vxr stage 3 which I took on track, that was a couple years ago, and I am now after just a track car and thought a Clio would be a good place to start , anyone know of any good ones for sale , have about £3000/£3500 anything I should look out for when buying one ect advice would be great guys

How was the VXR on track? I'm interested in them at the minute.

I've got a 172 which is stripped out, bucket seats, coilovers and updated brakes (track focused pads, braided lines and Titan 660 fluid) as a track car. It goes ridiculously well over a lap for such a cheap car - £3500 will get you an amazing track ready Clio.

Hey lads spoken to the guy who owns the clio with the Megan engine In it , he has no idea who fitted the engine so no build history , he has receipts of all the belts been done recently , don't know how many miles this engine has done where it has come from