ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member, Midlands, UK

BG 182
Evening all,

Decided to sign up here as I'm thinking of getting a 182, but want to be clued up before I make a purchase.

I've already had a nosey around on what to look for, cambelt change etc.

I've spotted this one approx 30 miles from me, I've popped over an email asking about cambelt, anything else I should look at?

Renault Clio 2.0 16V Renaultsport 182 3dr FULL SERVICE HISTORY

Look forward to learning more.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Welcome to CS - Give us a shout if you need any help as we're close by

Mick

Clio 182/207cc GT
Hey!

I think that 182 looks nice, clean and standard. Full service history is great, when was the last major service?

BG182ff,explod Focus
I've spotted this one approx 30 miles from me, I've popped over an email asking about cambelt, anything else I should look at?

Just as important as the cambelt is the axillary belt, if that goes it often gets tangled in the cam belt with inevitable results.
The water pump can cause problems at high mileage and is an easy replacement if the aux belt is off anyway.
Make sure it has a genuine Renault oil filter, after market ones may not flow correctly for the F4R engine. If the gearbox fluid hasn't been changed then it needs it at that mileage and is easy to do.
Spark plugs should be NGK PFR6E-10. Nothing else will do. Seriously, nothing. And they come with the correct gap already when new.
Rear shock absorbers are a weak point. I bought my 182 with 48k on the clock, one rear shock was empty and the other leaking.
New shocks and springs all around will do it the world of good, same goes for wishbones(or poly bush them and fit new ball joints), new top mounts, track rod ends, track rods and maybe steering rack bushes.
If it has an aftermarket air filter, make sure it has been oiled correctly and pull the 90deg elbow off of the throttle body to see if there is any dirt built up around the valve. Trust me, you do not want to have your throttle sticking fully open. Especially on a drag strip :headno:.

The car in your link does look tidy and is of course in the best colour :clap:.

BG 182
Just as important as the cambelt is the axillary belt, if that goes it often gets tangled in the cam belt with inevitable results.
The water pump can cause problems at high mileage and is an easy replacement if the aux belt is off anyway.
Make sure it has a genuine Renault oil filter, after market ones may not flow correctly for the F4R engine. If the gearbox fluid hasn't been changed then it needs it at that mileage and is easy to do.
Spark plugs should be NGK PFR6E-10. Nothing else will do. Seriously, nothing. And they come with the correct gap already when new.
Rear shock absorbers are a weak point. I bought my 182 with 48k on the clock, one rear shock was empty and the other leaking.
New shocks and springs all around will do it the world of good, same goes for wishbones(or poly bush them and fit new ball joints), new top mounts, track rod ends, track rods and maybe steering rack bushes.
If it has an aftermarket air filter, make sure it has been oiled correctly and pull the 90deg elbow off of the throttle body to see if there is any dirt built up around the valve. Trust me, you do not want to have your throttle sticking fully open. Especially on a drag strip :headno:.

The car in your link does look tidy and is of course in the best colour :clap:.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I'm keen to look after what ever I grab, I'm now in a position where I can hopefully afford to properly maintain a car without running it on a shoe string budget.