ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member! New car, what mods?

Renault Clio 1.2 RN
Hi, Ive recently passed my test and bought myself a little 1999 clio 1.2 with just under 50,000 on the clock.

http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/Bl...tml?sort=3&o=1

Im looking to do some tasteful mods, just to get it looking a little better. Ive heard about changing the lights for the dual optic options and installing other ph2 exterior parts.. rear bumper, tail lights, spoiler etc. Just wondering if anybody could give me some ideas as to which mods to do, even better post pictures of your own.
Not got much money so anything cheap would be a big help.

Also if anyone knows anything about paint.. How would I go about fixing this? http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/Bl...tml?sort=3&o=0
Im hoping to get some T-Cut, and polish the whole car just to remove the swirls. Not bad condition as it is, just the spot pictured^^^ and a few scratches around the fuel cap.

Any help would be great, thanks.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Welcome to the forum and congratulations! The paint area looks like lacquer peel which if im right needs to be painted, I'm sure someone more familiar with paint will come along soon though!

Dual optic options look great in my opinion amd mean HIDs can be used in future if you want to, ph2 rear lights are a common mod.

There's other polishes around better than T cut, Autoglym super resin polish works well but doesn't have much of a cutting action like I believe t cut has but won't damage any of the paint

Renault Clio 1.2 RN
Thanks! I thought so, been to see the local body shop and should be getting it sorted within the next week.

I really like the look of them, is any excess wiring required for the install though? Is it an easy switch?

Okay, thanks ill have a look around and see what I can find