ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new member, new car

RS Clio 182
just sold my bmw 330 msport and bought a clio 182, iv got a few questions i would be very grateful if someone could put me right,

im not sure the cambelt has been done so i have booked it in to get done, im paying 300.00 for belt, tensioners and rollers etc, is this about right, looks a nightmare job, would you get the waterpump done why its in bits?

what is the difference between 182 and 182 cup, i know the differences with 172 cups but is there a styling cup pack and a suspension cup pack on 182's

also the tc light comes on after driving for about 15 mins and stays on any ideas before it gets put on diagnostic machine

also is there anything else i should know about them and what to look out for, cheers in advance.

RS Clio 182
mine isnt a cup then, it has the lower front spoiler and darker wheels, is this a cup styling pack or just optional extras, just bee reading about the buzzing interior light, seems mine isnt the only one, there must be a fix for it? lol

Iceberg 172
1 Cup pack is the spoiler upgrade... slightly larger rear spoiler and the super sexy front splitter which just completes the clio sport imo.

The other Cup pack is the suspension pack which if you have dark wheels then you've got that as well... I'm not 100% sure on the difference in suspension... I would of thought it's slightly stiffer and lower. Plus you get anthracite wheels.

So yours has both cup packs which on here is classed as a Full Fat... 182 FF.

Clio 182 Trophy
im not sure the cambelt has been done so i have booked it in to get done, im paying 300.00 for belt, tensioners and rollers etc, is this about right, looks a nightmare job, would you get the waterpump done why its in bits?

Firstly, Welcome!

IMO I would definately get the water pump done at the same time. My mates 182 water pump failed on a 05 plate the other day. I also just had my belts done and had the water pump replaced at the same time just to be safe. The garage said my original one was showing signs of failing so proved to be the right decision.

About 60 quid for the part from the stealers and a little more labour. Well worth it!

Rich

RS Clio 182
also how much should i be paying for timing belt kit fitted, anybody know anywhere in the middlesbrough area that they would reccomend?

Iceberg 172
so is thr ff better?

It's only called an FF (full fat) on car forums mate... but yes, it's better and much more sought after than ones without the Cup Packs.

Looks better due to the Splitter and Spoiler (and some would say anthracite wheels look better but i'd disagree!) and it will handle better due to the suspension.

RS Clio 182
ok nice one, does anybody know how to get rid of the buzzong noise behind interior light, does the light just pull out, cheers