ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Member New Driver New Project

Dynamique 1.2
Hi guys! :)

I'm Danny, or Tooter which is what I'm called at work/ friends. It's not that long of a story to explain the name but tbh that is off topic so let's get on with why I started this thread.

First of all this is my first proper thread after the one where I introduced myself to the forum. Anyway I'm 19 and still a learner :( I know I am a late starter but to be honest I wasn't al that interested in cars. In fact that's a lie I always have been interested in cars but had no clue about the topic, if that makes sense. I think the interest sparked more recently with helping my Uncle with his Mini which he bought for around £250 and has completely refurbed and modded, it has just been completed recently and will be used for hill climbs. Let me know if you want any pictures of the Mini, they won't be hard to get as all work that I'll be doing on my car will be up at his garage. So from working on that car, needing to drive so I can get to work and the fact that I now have my own car must have set off the spark that now has me hooked in everything Clio. There is always a tab with Cliosport on while at work.

Right, I picked up a 03 reg 1.2 Clio 16 valve Dynamique for £700. All services and MOT documents were all there to view also receipts of all work they have done, not had a lot done to it I guess but some to note would be; new clutch, cam belt and full set of after market alloys. I have to say I'm not totally struck on the alloys, centre cap looks like crap and the alloys them selves are a bit scuffed. Along with the scuffed alloys there isn't too much wrong bodywork wise. Of course there are scratches here and there but not major ones. Not complaining about that as it is 10 years old. But mainly the only problems that I see and that annoy me are:

- Section of the front grill is snapped
- Scratch on the passenger side door card
- Previous owner painted steering wheel

I am planning on getting an RS grill to sort out the snapped grill.

Unsure about the scratch yet.

A new steering wheel can be expensive.

Obviously I want to mod the car, so I will be starting a project thread for it but until then I thought Id make a thread here and get some ideas together of what I want to do. Still being quite young I don't really want to do mods that will affect my insurance if not at all. Also I'm currently an apprentice so it will be a slow project. This time next year is when I will start earning enough to start splashing more cash into it, but until then I need some ideas of what to do to basically make my car my own.

I have a head unit already, the display uses a blue colour scheme so i have decided thats what im going with, black and blue. But subtle colour changes. Aswell as the head unit I'm looking for some after market speakers but still looking as I can't decide what to spend on speakers. So heres my list of what I want to do:

- Speaker System
- Blue LEDs in foot wells
- Carbon wrap some of the interior
- Get the interior properly cleaned

I have more ideas but I will let you guys know nearer the time. Basically any suggestions to make my car unique? And any suggestions with things I can do with the colour scheme.

Couple more things:

I live near Burnley (North West) where is the nearest place to get things done to my Clio that is recommended by you guys.

And the last thing, I am kind of contemplating getting a complete re spray of the car as it is a very common black. If any of you have any idea of where to get this done, and cost ? Theoretically I could do it my self at my Uncles place as he has the stuff. But unsure on what colours would look good, suggestions helpful!

Thanks for reading this if you have gotten this far, I could have probably made this a lot shorter. The project thread will be a quicker read with pictures of course, I would have had pictures on this but I want to give my car a good clean before taking them. Sadly I haven't been able to due to the weather.

Thanks again.

Danny / Tooter

Dynamique 1.2
Cheers me too :) And yeh I am wanting to colour code the side strips but If I end up doing a complete respray there Is no point yet! Haha but thanks, look out for the project thread :)

Dynamique 1.2
I've been thinking of somethings I would like to do, and I am just hoping for anybodies advice and approval.

-RS Grill
-Blue LED Footwells
-Carbon Fibre wrap Dashboard trims
-Carbon fibre wrap centre console? is this tricky to do?
-New white dials (funky blue futuristic feel when lights go on)
-Stubby Aerial
- Set of original clio alloys to replace the after market ones it came with

Thats what I definitely want to do. However I was wondering how easy is it to change the gear knob? And is it frowned upon to wack loads of RS stuff into a Non-sport? I mean I can understand why people wouldn't want to as I guess it would make more sense to use that money to save up for an actual sport model. Basically I really like the sport interior, as in the seats and door cards. What do you guys think?

I mentioned that the steering wheel was melted is there any steering wheels you guys like to use that arent the sport one?

Later down the line if the car is still in working condition and im using it on a day to day basis, im going to go for a respray. And once im earning more and can afford the extra on the insurance, 172 rear bumper, maybe cup spoiler and get it lowered and spacers. Thing is I dont want to end up copying everybody else :/ but I bet most things will have been done tbh.