ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member ph2 172 from Manchester/S.Wales

172, VX220t, Westfield se
Hi,

Just thought i'd post and introduce myself. I've just bought a 2003 ph2 172 as a Christmas present to myself :cool: .

I'm from South Manchester, but now live and work in South Wales and am hoping to get along to some meets.

The car I have brought is a 2003 ph2 172. It has 70k on the clock, but has only 1 owner before me and has a full renault service history. So far I have treated it to a full set of tyres. Next thing is i'll need a spare key and when the weather gets better I'll have a good detailing session on it.

clio17225.jpg

clio1722512092.jpg

Hopfully I'll get out into the Peak district and get some proper photos of it soon.

I have a few questions:

1) The keys are rather expensive new, but I have seen the fobs for sale second hand. Can a second had fob be reprogramed and have a new blade fitted?

2) Is there areas on the clio's shell that is prone to rusting and what measures should be taken to prevent it?

The rest of my fleet consists of a Vauxhall VX220 turbo:

posted3.jpg

vx9.jpg

And a 1.6 ford CVH engined Westfield:

PICT8155.jpg

I've owned a couple of Peugeot 106 rallyes which were fantastic little cars, the first of which I owned for 8 years, and I still regret selling it.

rallyeatoultonpark2-1.jpg

If anyone is on pistonheads, WSCC, rallye register or the VX220 I have posted as kik1.6se in the past.

Merry Christmas

Kirk

lovely selection there fella. im in manchester but families from wales so theres a link haha!

enjoy CS and have a good festive season

lovely selection there fella. im in manchester but families from wales so theres a link haha!

enjoy CS and have a good festive season

Where in Wales are you from? There are so many nice places and great roads all over Wales.

Still I do like getting out in the Peak district as well, so if there are going to be any Peak District runs or North west meets when i'm back up, i'll certainly want to come along.

Also I used to work with a lad who had a black turbocharged ph1 cup. It was really nicely modified. Other than sitting slightly lower on ultraleggara wheels, you wouldn't notice it was mod'd. But when I left he was claiming over 300bhp and was planning upgrading to more power and 6 pot brakes. Not sure whether he's on here and came/comes to meets though?

Welcome to CS mate.
I like your taste in cars :)

Cheers :cheers:

I really like small light cars, they can be a lot of fun and when it comes to small light front wheels drive hatches the French are very good at making them.

families from Wrexham but i do the triangle alot and coast runs, obviously in new year.

im one of two NW area reps too so we have a good few meets up ere. always really well attended too, we tend to meet at the traff centre or oulton and drive out, every month or less, more in't summer obviously.

you'll have to bring the westfield so i can do my famed 'ghetto trafford park' road test on it ;)