ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member Rb 182 gordini stripes

Clio 182 2005
Hi ppl new to the forum and loving my new clio 74k £1500 from my boss all the cam belt, pulleys and water pump done so not too bad a deal. I have some heard the racing blue is quite rare so assuming the stripes make it rarer. Suddely see loads of 182's driving around that I didn't notice before!!!

Luckily pretty standard apart from momo steering wheel, and some kind of stainless steel exhaust.

Just a couple of issues hopefully minor issues if anyone can help please.

The rear wiper seems to be rubbing in the spoiler and making a white mark where the paint is scrapping off? The blade and wiper looks pretty standard.

Engine seems a bit sloppy on start up for the first five minutes or so but calms down.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    499.1 KB · Views: 308
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    329.4 KB · Views: 115

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi and welcome. That looks ace.

If you didn't know, that looks like a 182 'full fat' in forum speak. Which means it's a standard 182 with both cup packs fitted; the spoiler and splitter pack and the stiffer cup chassis pack.

Find a local detailer and they'll be able to wet sand and polish up those head lights to take a few years off it.

When you say sloppy start up, is it hunting for revs or coughing/spluttering?

I can't help with the rear wiper. It looks fairly standard. Do you have any closer pics?

Clio 182 2005
hi all thanks for the quick replies.
the car is a monster and makes me feel like im rally driving, wanna throw pace notes at my passenger when they jump in. a 10 minute drive to a friends now takes 40+ minutes lol.

the headlights and the cracking and peeling stripes are really annoying along with the wheels that need a refurb. my boss blames his mrs for the wheels so this is why he gave gave it to me cheap he couldnt be bothered with tyre kickers and already having an elise and a catherham as well as an r32 as a daily driver.

i'll add some pictures of the spoiler in closer detail in a minute.

ive had the car since april and the engine doesnt seem to be sloppy or rough, its more like its running on anti stall and increasing the revs, as I said its only for the first few minutes and I have put over 4k since April and seems to run sweet as after the initial worrying!!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
That's why you should never rag them from cold. Let the oil get around the engine fully.

I'm sure it's 6.4k until the engine is warm then it's 7.4 after. I could be wrong but it's there or there abouts.

Clio 182 2005
That's why you should never rag them from cold. Let the oil get around the engine fully.

I'm sure it's 6.4k until the engine is warm then it's 7.4 after. I could be wrong but it's there or there abouts.
i try not to go above 2k before its warm and by then im doing about 10mph in traffic on the commute home to Hastings on the A247. Now I get type R's and St's up my chuff wanting to race which can be a bit annoying having to drive like a grandad cause you only just started your journey!! lol

Clio 182 2005
Looks good does that, love the Gordini Stripes, makes the car IMO.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Thanks Smiffy. I gotta admit there was a half a minute or so where i thought of getting rid of the stripes - there's a lot of stupid chavvy cars driving around my ways. Thankfully i wised up.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Makes me want stripes.

What's the black thing is the bumper?

Also, you have a genuine cup splitter! Keep that! Most people put on a soda fabia as it's £15, the cup splitter one is £250 last time I checked!!

Clio 182 2005
Makes me want stripes.

What's the black thing is the bumper?

Also, you have a genuine cup splitter! Keep that! Most people put on a soda fabia as it's £15, the cup splitter one is £250 last time I checked!!

The black thing in the bumper is a "deer whistler" or something to scare deers as my boss lives in the new forest and a deer ran out and nearly hit him just after he bought the clio. Assuming you're not asking about the tow bar hook with a big red arrow saying "TOW"!!!!!

Wish I knew the splitter was so much before I broke it off the other day. The offside corner had broke off anyways. There is only half of the splitter left now as I went down the work slope a bit quick forgetting how low my car is and how high the pavement is. I get a bit excited at 5pm. My boss gave the impression they were easy to get hold of but hearing about the Fabia replacement I was raising eyebrows at how easy they were to get.