ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS172 phase 1
Morning all,

I'm a new member, I'm based in South Africa so, unfortunately, won't make any meets, etc. Just wanted to introduce myself and my car. I've got a mint RS172 phase 1 in sunflower yellow. I believe it's one of two in the country and the only one with the original alloys as far as I'm aware. I am currently looking for a right-hand side badge.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-03 at 4.20.26 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-03 at 4.20.26 PM.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 43
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-05-03 at 4.20.28 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-03 at 4.20.28 PM.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 45
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-05-03 at 8.53.33 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-03 at 8.53.33 PM.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 51

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure there's another guy with a sunflower from ZA on here, will see if I can find one of his threads.
Edit: I can't find anything so maybe I'm making it up. Seem to remember someone with one that needed quite a bit of work including a new ECU map?

Last edited:
  Clio RS172 phase 1
Nice! ...... and welcome! :)

I'm genuinely surprised that the sun and heat down there hasn't damaged the paint?
It definitely hasn't got that new shine, got a slight fade. Just been looked after really well, garaged, and has Clearguard film on.

Clio RS172 phase 1
I'm sure there's another guy with a sunflower from ZA on here, will see if I can find one of his threads.
Edit: I can't find anything so maybe I'm making it up. Seem to remember someone with one that needed quite a bit of work including a new ECU map?
Interesting, I'd love to find another one here. I can't seem to find any rs172/182's anywhere. And the few meetups are just a couple of newer models.