ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Michelin Exalto's??

Noticed today my two front tyres are almost on their way out, and will need changing within the next month!

My car is 11 months old and have done 8500 miles.

How long have your Exalto's lasted??

Also is mytyres still the best & cheapest place to get them from??

172 phaseII
I went round a few garages they all told me to go to this certain 1 because its michelins main dealer, so go there, there the most expensive of the lot!
Thought of another, luckily my mate was down there, so got the two fronts for just under 150, fitted balanced.
Best i could find. Pressume theyre cheaper on the net but i needed them desperately!

Think we get discount from mytres aswell.

Going to have a butcher's around.

Unlucky really because I'm going to have to pay for Insurance, road tax and 2 tyres in one month! :(

£77.70 on my tyres for v rating
£88.40 for w rating

Do we get a discount with my tyres?

www.renparts.co.uk
what dimensions are stock dynamique alloys? the 15's? and can you get Excaltos for these? im looking for a set if i can get them at a decent price.

Dirty E91
jay said:
cheers biojo, not as cheap as mytyres then.

£84 isn't too shabby, is it?
Fitting is included in the price at Cost Co, dunno what local tyre firms will charge for fitting.

182 Full Fat
Done 12.5k, and will need changing very soon, I think I may go the My tyres route too. Wonder if any discount might be available if we can get a few of us together and buy say at least 10 between us!??

Golf GTI 1.8T
the exalto's for mine are only £43.80 each, could be up for that cos I'm not sure if mine will pass MOT next month :(

193 mk2
sorry to hijack this thred, but i'm selling 2 brand new never fitted pe2's for £150 pm me if anyones interested oh there 205/45/r16, i think there v rated but they could be w, not sure as i'm selling them for a m8.

tiTTy & SV650
warning about costco they don't balance the wheels very well at all so I end up going elsewhere to get that done afterwards, account for £20 wheel balancing into your costs IMO

182 Full Fat
Im gonna contact mytyres this weekend, so do i have a total of 6 tyres on our little list?

Me - 2
jay - 2
J Rock - 2

I'll see if and if so what bulk price they want to offer. Even ifs only 5% or something, it all helps. Anyone else before I contact them on Saturday?

Ziel Nurburgring
jay said:
V 149mph
W 168mph according to mytyres website

Sounds right, couldnt remember and be be arsed to look either. lol.

V's are fine as you aint going to top 140ish (actual, your speedo lies)