ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new mod and 344 photos (56k hahahahaha)

well i finally got round to fitting my new interior with the aid of DJW John's guide;

started off fine, the base of the back seats came out fine, but the bolt holding the back rests wouldnt come off so had to take it to the body shop down the road to get them to "air pressure gun" it off!! now lucey goosey so carried on and fitted the rears;

DSC00123.gif

then i moved on to the fronts and had very little difficulties. disconnected the battery, removed the wiring and covers etc, took the seats out and put the new ones in. all i need to do is a little wire tidying since i didnt have any wire ties to hand (the pretentioner wires are wire tied to the seat sub frames underneath the actual seat cloth and foam!)

and here was the end result of friday night! p.s i know the shoulder pads are not to everyones taste!!

DSC00122.gif

DSC00124.gif

i then decided the next morning to give her a wash, polish and detail and then go on a quick shoot since it was nice weather . . .

washed with megs gold class and washmitt from autopia

dried with megs QD and autopia large MF towel

clay with megs quick clay

roof and bonnet scratches removed with Megs 83 on sonus yellow cutting pad

rest of car done with Megs 80 glaze on sonus white enhancing pad

then finished with AG SRP on sonus blue final fininshing pad

then three layers of AG EGP (6 hours to cure each)

then topped off with P21s wax

like i say took 344 photos, whittled (SP) them down to 26 best so here are a couple of the best.

all comments welcome, 2.0l badge comments ----> my 16v badges will hopefully be sent off to Middo (if he doesnt mind) this wk to have them sprayed, still unsure on colour though, again suggestions welcome!

DSC02843.gif

DSC02912.gif

DSC02927.gif

DSC02938.gif

DSC02986.gif

DSC02992.gif

DSC03030.gif

DSC03070.gif

DSC03078.gif

jamie

top of the pyramid
looking good, bet its alot better then sliding out of the bench seats ( maybe you can keep up around corners now ;) ), looking good wheres the pics taken?. btw did you get an exaust?

haha yeah ill thrash you now Ash lol, not that im a boy racer :rasp: and shuttit mr "15s" yourself lol :D!

sam no its not lowered, would like to get in on the eibach springs group buy and lower it by 35-40 mm if poss

yeah they are 2.0l badges but if you read up my 16vs are gonna get sprayed by Middo, hopefully along the same silver effect as the "chrome like" 2.0l ones . . . . if thats ok with you RS owners.

jamie

Last edited:
btw yeah Ash ive got a prospeed and a 182 surround for it to be cut and recessed into the bumper, but im a little unsure about getting it done

jamie

Nissan 370Z
this is probably the best looked after 1.2 on the site, if only i had the knowledge and a pc like you do!

E60 diesel powah
nice dude! looks mint now..all u need is the lowering to be done! am gona b in leeds soon, might give u a tinkle

when i have a little more money and some no claims that is the plan i think, think ill keep her rather than sell up since im coming out of uni, off dads insurance and into the big wide world of . . . . .debt :(

jamie

M

mini-valver

Looks lovely mate! Sell you some front dynamique door cards ;) pm me

1.6 16v
I am very impressed jamie. Interior is looking well and its been nicely cleaned too :)

How did you fit your zenons and are they MOT freindy??

Well Done matey! :)

Shhh
whats the white thing behind the lower grill on the bumper, i thought it was newspaper but its prob a cold air feed i guess.

Looks a smart car, my last clio was the 1.2 16v model, it was cheap to run and had no problems with it.

I would not bother with lowering it etc, you shall just push the insurance price up, maybe sample some 182 cup wheels on it to see how it goes, but apart from that i would leave it as it is.

cheers for all comments guys :)

steve; yeah xenons are fine, when i had my broken set on before my bump they had to re level them as i had set them too low lol, but other than that theyre no prob. the units are a straight swap plug and play to the old ones, bumper off, undo the bolts and re bolt in the new units.

alias mate, yeah, very chavvy now IMO so im going to get rid, and get a black one as someone suggested (think it was Middo :))
in terms of lowering my insurance atm isnt a prob (thanks dad and zurich premiere) as i pay them (through my dad) a flat rate of 1200 and any mods are just looked upon as done and dusted. when i had my bump i shat myself thinking i was screwed, ie no mods declared. . . . all was repaired to a tee, no complaints, even replaced another xenon unit and fitted the 172 grill again.

once i get my own insurance after uni this year then will be the probs of me having no no claims etc etc, so holding off the lowering and zorst for now.

jamie

big thanks to; Rich M for the interior
DJW john for the guide
Rich for cleaning tips as per usual lol

jamie