ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Mod / Roof fix. Brin on the hate...

Jag Mondeo -Type
Hello all.

Afer my previous thread a few weeks ago about my car getting vanadalised, the roof was left pretty knackered. Was going to claim through insurance but would all end up too costly, got better things to spend my money on,

Before:
DSC_0309.jpg

So being bullish and impatient, my and my bro decided to knock the best of the dents out (using feet, hands, maps, shoulder etc and got it looking alright,

Was mainly the gloss on the paint thta showed up the worst of the ripples, so sanded down the high spots and bought some expensive vinyl wrap, couldn't get it looking good putting on dry or with suds

Looks shocking, so off to Halfords and 3 cans of Hammerite Satin Black later:

DSC000031.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

I appreciate many will not like, I however do, I think it looks pretty mean, and the car is sporty enough to pull it off. Im likely to keep the car for a while so am not overly worried about resale value.

All comment/ critism / ?complements?? welcome.

:D
Peace and love x

Evo 6, E92 320d
Good job on a cheap fix, could have bought cans of celica blue though and painted it properly.

Jag Mondeo -Type
Good job on a cheap fix, could have bought cans of celica blue though and painted it properly.

Could have, but still looked crap when glossy, so needed it matt to hide whats left of the dents / ripples and i think it looks cool with the large front and rear windows, admittedly i havestrange taste..

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Looks fine mate, different to all the other Celicas out there.
Better to be a bit different than a sheep that looks like everyone else.

How would you go about fixing a roof properly?
Can you just replace the panel?

Not sure, but i read somewhere that any damage done to the roof (Like a sharp object through it) is a right off?

I like it, do it matt black tho! Then the bonnet ;)

Jag Mondeo -Type
To fix the roof properly, is need a new roof skin which takes a lot of time / cash to fix, goin to leave it satin black, its pretty matt though in the fresh. The bonnet was considered, but i thought it was due to the fumes in the garage, maybe the wheels though...

FF RB 182
It's quite subtle actually, from a distance you probably can't tell the roof is satin black.