ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Monaco Blue 172 Turbo owner... yes, that one.

Pad

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Turbo, Z3MC
Evening all,

Just a quick hello to introduce myself as I've just bought my first RS Clio - it's @t90_lle old Monaco Blue boosted 172. Got quite a car history seeing as I'm a) an old bugger and b) am in the trade, own a modern classic car business.... but funnily enough RS Clios have largely passed me by. I've been looking for an occasional track day car for a while and 'DOA' was not too far from me - turns out literally just around the corner from my partners mum in South London. Hatched a plan to go 'visit Mum' in the pub yesterday and ended up with DOA on the driveway.

Probably too early to say which way it will go but in my head I'd like to get it looking smart again and get it to 'Clubsport' spec rather than out and out TD car - so still retaining some level of usability on the road. Will try to keep things updated on here but I am time poor, so I doubt there will be daily updates :)

Looking forward to taking it on track soon!

Cheers,
Pad
5C690CCA-1577-483F-BF58-8C8A48F0D8EA.jpeg

Pad

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Turbo, Z3MC
I’ve not had a good chance to have a proper going over of it tbh, but yes the seats are the obvious ones. I’d like to tidy up the inside first, not bothered about back seats but I would like that area carpeted so it doesn’t look so bare. Sticky plastics everywhere too... and I’m pretty sure it needs a geo set up but mechanically feels tight and pulls nicely 😬

Pad

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Turbo, Z3MC
Interesting purchase! Will be good to hear how you get along with it.

Welcome aboard too. :)
Thank you, been enjoying it for the last few days... I’m lucky enough to have access to some fairly interesting and rapid cars (M240i, Alpina B3 Biturbo) but for some reason, I keep picking up the keys for the Clio 😄😄

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Thank you, been enjoying it for the last few days... I’m lucky enough to have access to some fairly interesting and rapid cars (M240i, Alpina B3 Biturbo) but for some reason, I keep picking up the keys for the Clio 😄😄
Because they’re great little cars!!

Reactions: Pad