ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new noise

2002 clio 172
When I accelerate in first, there's a noise that's coming from the passenger side at the front of the car. It's a groaning noise and sounds like the noise the grudge makes off the film. Sounds ridiculous but that's the best way I can describe it. Also does it if turning right at a small roundabout. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
If its wheel bearings then when u are doing 60/70 move the car to the left or right and you will hear the noise going away.

2002 clio 172
If its wheel bearings then when u are doing 60/70 move the car to the left or right and you will hear the noise going away.

Yeah I don't think it's a wheel bearing. Had a rear one about a month ago so know the kind of noise they make. My mate seems to think it's the drive shaft, although he's not actually heard the noise, just a description. I'm just hoping it's not the gearbox or something equally expensive.

2002 clio 172
I've noticed my exhaust seems to hit the speed humps near my house now unless I slow down to almost a stop. Would a hanging exhaust make any sort of vibrating noise under acceleration??

clio sport 172
Mine has just started to make this awful noise when accelerating I only went up the road and lucky I was home , now I'm scared to drive it incase I'm breaking it more by driving with this loud screeching noise , it happens when I put my foot down but when I release my foot off the accelerator the noise stops while I'm still moving but starts again when I accelerate . Did you find the cause of your noise ?

renault clio 1.4 16v
could well be a drive shaft, a lose exhaust could rattle under acceleration and cornering, jack the car up and have a poke around at the exhaust, and while its in the air give the wheel in question a spin, ull feel if its the bearing or other bits, should spin rather smoothly (make sure the cars out of gear obvoiusly)