ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New O2 tarriffs

Pfff... Im on the O2 Sim Only 12 month atm, as I bought a Blackberry before my last contract was up. Costing me £10 p/m for 300mins, unlimited texts, unlimited internet and BB bolt on.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't ever leave Vodafone to be honest but the missus is with O2 at the moment, upgrade due in July iirc i'll ask her to have a look.

She has a 3gs at the moment.

Go cry to your momma!
Seems they're allowing tethering with their data allowances now..that's an improvement.

BMW F31
Tethering is great news tbh.

Judging by those contracts I easily reduce mine by a tenner a month and still get enough mins and txts.

Tom, can you update your contract to a new tariff for the remainder of the contract or does it start a new one?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'm at 9 months, so i just changed tariff, but im sure you can switch.

BMW F31
Cool, I'm the same, sitting at 9 months left. will double check before I do it as I'd be annoyed if I couldn't upgrade in November etc.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Just checked

Your New Tariff O2 900 18 month starts soon...
You've chosen to change your tariff to O2 900 18 month. It will start on 19 April 2011.

You can cancel your new tariff & Bolt On change as long as you do it before 19 April 2011.

Your new tariff is:
The plan Contract length Cost Key features Contract renewal date
O2 900 18 month

View Tariff Details
18 months £41.00 per month 900 mins,Unlimited texts,Inclusive International Traveller service. 25 December 2011

BMW F31
Yeah, i'm just "chatting" with a advisor.

Cant decide whether to go for 500mb or 1GB data, i dont use much at the mo but with tethering i may be inclined to use it more often. hmmm

I see you've gone for no data?

LOL. those are bad. I'll be sticking with my Friends and Family discount thanks.

Unlimited Data
Unlimited Texts
600 Minutes

24months @ ~£21 :cool:

BMW F31
lol, i usually sell my old iPhones and offset it, that way I dont have to keep a phone for too long and lose money on it.

it's all about how desperate you are to get a new bit of tech anyway lol.

Tom, can you update your contract to a new tariff for the remainder of the contract or does it start a new one?

you can only change your tariff if you are 6months into your agreement, I asked yesterday.

Im on the friends and family too makes a big difference!!

BMW F31
its actually half way through the agreement, which for me is now.

The shitty thing is now you can only drop down one step in the tariffs for the entire life of the contract, you used to be able to drop, wait one month then drop again etc.

The only thing i cant see is ITS on the new tariffs

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah, i'm just "chatting" with a advisor.

Cant decide whether to go for 500mb or 1GB data, i dont use much at the mo but with tethering i may be inclined to use it more often. hmmm

I see you've gone for no data?

went with 500 i used 67mb last month. Im also on F&F

BMW F31
yeah i've done the same after looking at my data usage, only 26mb last month, connect via wifi with bt fon and openzone etc most of the time

Mito Sportiva 135
Woah! My equivalent tarif I have on Orange (currently £27, and get 10% off that next renewal) is £51 on O2!!!

Go cry to your momma!
If you're after a SIM free bargain, wait for T-Mobile's £7.50 deal to pop up again.

I left o2 in November for the T-Mobile deal. I get 600mins, unlimited text and unlimited internet for my £7.50

Coverage is excellent around by me for 3G and I imagine it'll only improve with the Orange and T-Mobile merger.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Tesco FTW

30 day contract £10

500mins
Unlimited texts
Unlimted data (But think it's 500mb)

BMW F31
Anybody noticed how much the iPhone 4 would be if you were to do for example 300 mins, Unlimited txts and 500mb Data on a £37 P/M!?

£304.99!! Wtf!! I didn't pay anywhere near that much last year on a £40 contract!

I can see the iPhone 5's are going to be a lot even on contract! think I'll be going PAYG this time round tbh!

clio sport 172
Contracts for the iphone have gone shocking recently! I got my 3gs (16gb) for free upgrading 18 months ago.....phoned up to upgrade again once contract run out and they wanna shaft me! It's not like the iphone 4 is brand new on the market now! Im refusing to pay for an upgrade to a phone that allegedly is being superseded in june/july!

BMW F31
Contracts for the iphone have gone shocking recently! I got my 3gs (16gb) for free upgrading 18 months ago.....phoned up to upgrade again once contract run out and they wanna shaft me! It's not like the iphone 4 is brand new on the market now! Im refusing to pay for an upgrade to a phone that allegedly is being superseded in june/july!

Its crazy, After selling my 3G last year the 4 cost me nothing, in reality O2 charged me just over £100, can't believe the phone costs now!

I'm hoping for an existing customer 12 month contract when my current runs out but I hate to think of the cost of the phone!

The equivalent contract 300 Mins, Unlimited texts and 500mb Data with Vodafone, is £2 P/M cheaper and the phone is over £100 cheaper!

O2 need to take a look at what they're charging as I wont be staying with them if they are going to be blatantly extortionate!

Mito Sportiva 135
I think O2 got some many new customers when the iPhone was exclusive to them that the other providers are now trying to undercut them to win them back.

Still think as a customer as you can keep the same number when switching, there's no point staying loyal if you can get a better deal as a new customer elsewhere. Only reason I stay with Orange is for Orange Wednesday as that does actually save quite a lot of money.

Have the simplicity deals got any better? Currently have it for my iPhone, signed up for 12 months, something like 600mins, unltd texts, 500mb data, for £20 a month?

Is tethering now automatically included? As well as MMS?

Mito Sportiva 135
I'veo nly JUST realised why they let you upgrade your phone before your contract is up, so that you get impatient and upgrade your phone (and ties you into another contract) rather than switching. You would have thought I had thuoght of that, but no, I just thought they were being nice!