ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New owner Clio 200, few probs

Clio V6, Clio 200
Hi all, Ive had my clio 200 a few weeks now, its a 60 plate, cup chassis, done 9k miles. its going into the dealer this week, but thought id check on here for any common probs or if anyone has had the same issues.

Ive got a loud rattle from the nearside rear, it could be the shocker or an exhaust mount, but Ive had the car jacked up and wheel off and I cant see or feel anything. Typically it didnt do it when I test drove the car.

Im not sure if this is related to the rattle (perhaps a heat sheild has come loose) but the heat generated in boot is unbelievable even after a short run. Is this a characteristic of the cup car with most components having being stripped out to save weight?!?

Finally the throttle is troubling me. Im finding it impossible to get used to. Smooth pull aways are impossible and Im finding the car kangaroos from stationary starts and through the first 2-3 gears. It does this both from cold and warm. Im wondering if the car has a fault or if its simply an ECU update? Does anyone know if there are any updates?

Thanks for any help
Dan

Clio RS 200 Cup
Hi all, Ive had my clio 200 a few weeks now, its a 60 plate, cup chassis, done 9k miles. its going into the dealer this week, but thought id check on here for any common probs or if anyone has had the same issues.

Ive got a loud rattle from the nearside rear, it could be the shocker or an exhaust mount, but Ive had the car jacked up and wheel off and I cant see or feel anything. Typically it didnt do it when I test drove the car.

Im not sure if this is related to the rattle (perhaps a heat sheild has come loose) but the heat generated in boot is unbelievable even after a short run. Is this a characteristic of the cup car with most components having being stripped out to save weight?!?

Finally the throttle is troubling me. Im finding it impossible to get used to. Smooth pull aways are impossible and Im finding the car kangaroos from stationary starts and through the first 2-3 gears. It does this both from cold and warm. Im wondering if the car has a fault or if its simply an ECU update? Does anyone know if there are any updates?

Thanks for any help
Dan

Hi Dan,

I had the same problem when I bought my 200 a month back. I had it in the garage and they said that it was the boot lock causing the knocking (a recognised problem apparently). They greased it up and said it was fixed but sure enough on the drive home it started doing it again. I spoke to a mate who had the same problem with his 350z nismo and he said he fixed it with some electrical tape round the boot pin. I gave this a go and the problem is now away. Its worth a go anyway! As for the heat I have also noticed this but i assume it is just the exhaust. The kangaroo thing you just get used too. It used to do this on my 1.2 turbo as well!

Alan

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
You do get used to the throttle on the 200's. Kangarooing only happens on mine when its dead cold. I always run my car for a minute or two before setting off first thing anyway so rarerly encounter this issue. I also run my solely on Super unleaded which is supposed to reduce the kangarooing effect so I've heard, but I'd run it on Vpower/Ultimate either way to be honest.

As for the other issues, boot heat is absnormal, mine doesn't get hot at all! could be the source of your knocking!!