ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New owner of Clio sport 197

Clio sport 197
I've just bought a Clio sport for track days. I'm going to be running it on Yokohama AD08s. Do I need to to get a baffled oil sump fitted.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
No. AD08’s are just a mild semi slick.

Even on a track compound R888 you still don’t need a baffled sump.

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Fresh brakes and good tyres and these things will run on track all day.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
As above, the ad08's are more road orientated. Get some Dunlop direzza or original version r888's for a more dedicated track car. Or cage it and get some full slicks for extra points

Clio sport 197
As above, the ad08's are more road orientated. Get some Dunlop direzza or original version r888's for a more dedicated track car. Or cage it and get some full slicks for extra points
Yeh cool. But crucially at the moment I'm just trying to establish that I don't need a baffled sump as the last car, a Toyota Celica T sport, had oil starvation whilst going round church at Thruxton and the big ends went.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Nah be fine, I run f4r in my track car on full slicks and Gerrard's at Mallory proves no issue on stock baffles and 7800rpm limiter

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome along , I can help with upgrading your brakes for track and various other parts. Send me a message if want any help or info (y)