ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New owner of Ex Cliosport LY ( New Home In the NW )

LY 182
Hi Guys

Just picked up a new motor i used to have a trophy however i moved away and now I'm back on the Renault scene.

Early this morning i got a plane up to Aberdeen to collect my new yellow pocket rocket.

Few things i need to sort but for the age the bodywork is pretty good with only a few odd marks , its more the interior than anything.

First Stop was the water hole :)

photo1_zps889fe21b.gif

As soon as i got it home i stripped the plates off and give it a quick snow foam with ironx removal and tar removal process followed.

This week it will get another wash along with a full clay and mop up :).

Few quick shots.

photo4_zpsd411424c.gif

photo3_zpsb7303dd5.gif

GOPR0809_zps280f5741.gif

Wonky Exhaust ... will sort soon ;)

photo2_zps108e0ef0.gif

Front end :)

GOPR0809_zps280f5741.gif

Not the best pictures but hey ...over the next few weeks i will post regular updates on the progress the first step is a wheel refurb as the last job that was done on them was shocking , I plan to go high gloss black and get the car a little lower :)

Flamer Clio 172
I was looking at this on gumtree on Friday nice motor mate , where abouts are you from area wise ? Once a Clio sport driver always one hahaha

LY 182
Thanks mate , just needs minor attention to the inside other than that its a spot on.

I'm located Blackburn in Lancashire not far from you :)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Looks like a good buy.

Once the small bits are tidied up you will fall in love with it if you already haven't

GTD, Lupo
Looks nice! I so want a LY! Just waiting for the right one to come up for sale. Could be a long wait...

I don't like yellow sidelights. The xenons always make a car look nice and clean and neat then the sidelights make it look dirty IMO of course ;)
But LED ones always look blue. Plus - the headlight units aren't designed to work with LEDs. They are designed with a reflector which only bulbs work effectively with.

For the best look remove the sidelights altogether and drive everywhere with the xenons lit. :cool:

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
But LED ones always look blue. Plus - the headlight units aren't designed to work with LEDs. They are designed with a reflector which only bulbs work effectively with.

For the best look remove the sidelights altogether and drive everywhere with the xenons lit. :cool:

My LEDs don't look blue. They look white like the xenons! LOL at headlights units aren't designed to work with LEDs, your remembering we are talking about sidelights and not dipped beams aye?

Would agree with taking sidelights out all together looks best, but I won't be doing it.

Anyways back on topic not to ruin the OP's thread about his new car. Car looks lovely, LY is awesome!

My LEDs don't look blue. They look white like the xenons! LOL at headlights units aren't designed to work with LEDs, your remembering we are talking about sidelights and not dipped beams aye?

Would agree with taking sidelights out all together looks best, but I won't be doing it.

Anyways back on topic not to ruin the OP's thread about his new car. Car looks lovely, LY is awesome!
Of course. They look to have a tint of blue to me! Not sure why you are LOLing at my statement when it's correct. LEDs do not work effectively with reflectors and that's why the newer cars like Audis have different units for LEDs.

Yeah let's get back on topic. OP can make his car look pap with LEDs if he wants to :)

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Of course. They look to have a tint of blue to me! Not sure why you are LOLing at my statement when it's correct. LEDs do not work effectively with reflectors and that's why the newer cars like Audis have different units for LEDs.

Yeah let's get back on topic. OP can make his car look pap with LEDs if he wants to :)

Don't look blue next to the standard xenons. The pic you linked was edited by the guy that took it ;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Thanks mate , just needs minor attention to the inside other than that its a spot on.

I'm located Blackburn in Lancashire not far from you :)

You never see any LY's around here (Blackburn/Darwen) I'll keep an eye out! Saying that Nimbus is non existent round here either!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I'm undecided on the sidelight issue, I see both sides, the standard bulbs look naff, but a lot of aftermarket ones look blue, and I f**king hate it when people have blue lights, so wouldn't want to be one of those people. I also don't like it when someone comes up behind you with ridiculously bright lights; just no need.

I'll have a hunt for some decent ones that are white and not overkill.

LY 182
No Idea mate just doing a few bits at a time to it to get it looking a little more looked after , more time consuming than anything.

few updated pics with refurbed wheels. Not keen on the smoked plates i don't think got some more plain ones on the way.

IMG_2263_zps8df831cd.gif

IMG_2260_zpsbf67e935.gif

IMG_2261_zpsdd0e2f19.gif

IMG_2269_zpse0dc8746.gif

IMG_2265_zpse4830362.gif

IMG_2268-Copy_zpsd4caefbb.gif

Next is to give the inside a spruce up and sort the front and rear diamonds and replace the fogs .

LY 182
Its not driven but if you read my post i will be changing them to standard ..look different in different lighting.

LY 182
Sam Tilling mate remember they was in a bad way on and off tyres £150 all 4 but usually about 120 mate .. you know he's good 4th set he's done for me.

LY 182
Cheers Jim :)

Some new updates the yozzasport has arrived for the 182 this will replace the 192 Scorpion , Trims are ready to fit for the inside and at the weekend a nice set of Recaros will be fitted then next will be some nice coilovers , map and service.

photo_zpsae39d083.gif