ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New owner with lots of questions

Clio Mk2 DCi
Hi There - last week I bought a Clio Mk2 1.5 Diesel. I know this site is more for Clio Sports, but I couldn't find another dedicated Clio site. If there is one, can you tell me as I don't want to clog up your forum with questions about non-Sports.

Either way, I think my question will be suited to you guys as anyone taking the back seats out , will have come across what I'm about to ask.

So, my car had it's back seats and belts taken out in 2009 and the bloke who sold it to me may have missed a piece - I've asked him but he can't find it.

Seats and belts are all installed fine - I was careful to 'plusgas and wait' the bolts with the exposed tips.

Thing is - I have a black plastic trim that runs from one side to the other - common sense tells me it covers a bar of some kind that bolts into the floor - maybe to stop luggage shifting forward???

I have the bolts out ready and the plastic cover, but can another tell me what I'm missing? a photo would be great....and if anyone has one for sale, even better!!

Cheers for now

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
1626437133492.png

Source: https://cliosport.net/threads/how-to-remove-bar-in-boot-behind-rear-seats.300783/

Should have the metal Isofix bar underneath as @Stuflac suggests, you can see the two hooks exposed at the back of the boot in this image that I grabbed off the interwebs (Ignore the red):

1626437255454.png

Clio Mk2 DCi
Great, thanks to you both

My kids are teenagers now, so never gonna use an isofix - does it double up as a safety barrier for rear seats - like if you've got a metal toolbox in the back and you crash??!! But dramatic I know

Clio Mk2 DCi
I have another question. My model doesn't seem to have a steering fluid reservoir! I thought it should be to the right of the coolant? It's a diesel, so is it located somewhere else? Cheers

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I have another question. My model doesn't seem to have a steering fluid reservoir! I thought it should be to the right of the coolant? It's a diesel, so is it located somewhere else? Cheers
It has an electric steering rack so there is no fluid.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Electric power steering on them so no power steering fluid.

Plenty of us on here with loads of DCi experience so this is probably the best place for your questions!

Clio Mk2 DCi
Electric power steering on them so no power steering fluid.

Plenty of us on here with loads of DCi experience so this is probably the best place for your questions!
Thanks Martin, that's good to know. I haven't had a Renault since I the mid-90's - a Renault 9....they feel stronger now!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome aboard 👍. As you see the dci is very well catered for on here and as you have a nosy about you'll realise you can literally ask about anything and we'll happily discuss😆. Look after the little clio and it'll keep running for many many many miles!

Clio Mk2 DCi
It's a ratty little thing, bought it from a trusted local garage who used it as a runaround since 2009, it's been well looked after mechanically but it's dinged up a bit and some paint is peeling. Steel wheels...nice suspension...I mainly drive country roads and this seems strong. Cheers for the welcome!