ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to remove bar in boot behind rear seats

Does anyone have any ideas n how to remove the bar thats in the boot of most clios including ine ?

Its an ISOFIX bar to hold in babyseats itheavy and i thought "Ah f**k it i'll never use it, lets take it out".

But how do i go around doing this ?

Does anyone know where its fixed into floor ?

And if its standar or torx bolts ?

I tried asking in this post http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=297792
about removing it with no replies :(

VX220 Turbo
common sence would say open your boot and have a look at it!

it's held in with two torx bolts easy to see and remove if you drop the seats down

Storm Grey 200
I tryed getting mine out, the bolts started to come up but then after a while they just wouldnt budge... and thus i gave up.

Lionel Richie
the threads are exposed under the car, so they're always a bugger to get out due to s**t and rust in the threads, 17mm socket and a rachet and ave it!

clio 1.2 dynamique
i tried to take mine out a while ago. seemed easy to start with but when the bolt came loose i relised it had just snapped. think there must have been something in the threads so id check that first

LY 182
mine were good and seized just spray some wd up from under the car if you are really having probs

mk4 golf gttdi180
i was about to say wd them under the car first if the heads round the turn to the mole grips dont attack witha grinder because you then will have burns in your boot if you dont cover up

LY 182
i was about to say wd them under the car first if the heads round the turn to the mole grips dont attack witha grinder because you then will have burns in your boot if you dont cover up
rounding the heads is physically impossible imo especially when you've got two shots at it
torx and 17mm
you'll snap them before youd round the heads

Cheers guys.

I'll have a go at it and heres hoping the bolts aren't to rusted under car :)

If so i think i'll just have to screw them back in as i don't fancy snapping them :(

As i'd be screwed if i needed to fit it again

Thats the bar out :)

IsofixBarRemoved210208.jpg

IsofixBarRemoved2102082.jpg

The bolts were quite tight, but i just slackened them a bit then tightened again abit then slackened them a bit and they freed off. Then i screwed the bolts back in with a bit of grease to plug the holes in the floor they came out of ;)

I couldn't be arsed lying under car spraying them with WD 40 where they come through floor, the worst that would have happened is they'd snap and plug the hole.

That would cause no issues neither as i have no intention of refitiing the bar, as i have no child seats etc to attach to it.

The only thing now is the boot carpet is a bit short now :(

So i put the ISOFIX bars plastic cover back in boot where bar was to hide the floor where carpet runs short.

P.s. Excuse the toolkit handle i broke it a few weeks ago and just jammed in back in the toolkit :)

On another note, why are you removing it? Weight saving exercise?... bin the bloody spare wheel then[/quote]

I know, i would love remove the spare wheel but i don't trust those cans of tyre foam/weld stuff :(

What if i have a puncture with a hole to big to seal ?:S