ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New pad time

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
My front discs and pads are rather tired and I have decided on high carbon discs but not sure on pads.
Done a search and the feeling i get is that Ds2500's are popular, but nowadays my car never sees the track if it does its only a quick 15mins round the combe on a action day.
So i have been looking at yellow stuff has anyone get any experience of these pads? :)

S3, Polo
I'm considering Yellow Stuffs - EuroCarParts today quoted me happy for £63 (ebay price match!) for a set of 4 front pads!

Even with braided lines, I don't believe I'm getting enough feel and 'bite' from the stock pads that I expect.

I'm keen to avoid eating a set of discs in less than 10k miles though!

Clio Trophy (225/500)
I bought ds2500 and they wouldn't stop squeeling so I swapped them for redstuffs.

tbh, I think the redstuffs brake just as well, if not better than the ferodo's. Not sure how they will go on the track though, but I'm not that heavy on the brakes so they will probably be more than capable for my use

i've got yellow stuff with brembo max discs.....

they have medium bite when cold, but once you've stopped a couple of times and got some heat in them they're great, plenty of feel and they stop you MUCH harder than standard pads

i recommend them 100%

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i have yellows on mine fronts and think there great, had them on my cooper s too and was a fan!

Lionel Richie
I bought ds2500 and they wouldn't stop squeeling so I swapped them for redstuffs.

tbh, I think the redstuffs brake just as well, if not better than the ferodo's. Not sure how they will go on the track though, but I'm not that heavy on the brakes so they will probably be more than capable for my use

you had fitting issues there my son

Lionel Richie
you know the pad carrier? (the cast iron bit the pads sit in)

there MUST BE 0.75-1mm clearence either end of the pad when its in the carrier, if its tight or less than that, it WILL squeal

Lionel Richie
file/grind the ends of the back plate down until its got the correct clearance (the ends of the back plate, the wee nipply bits, you'll see what i mean)

fiesta 1.25
my rear pads are very tight but they dont squel or stick :s but they are producing alot of dust could this be because they arnt sliding back properly?

2005 black clio 182
Re: New pads/disks-something different

i have just purchased a full set of pads and discs from 'KAM Racing' (online) pads are Mintex 1144 and the discs are KAM's own type. Also purchased some carbon lorraine dot 4 flluid. They're due to get fitted asap...let you all know how they are. I read loads of posts in relation to brakes and thought i'd try something a little different...p.s the total bill came to £180 inc pp. As stated they're going on asap, however, i'm considering attempting this myself.
A. How difficult is it ?
B. How much should this cost me at a decent garage ? An old geezer in an 'old school' establishment has quoted me £60...this can't be right ??? Does he know what he's doing :dapprove:

Cheers guys