ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Pc Build Problem :(

RS Meg 175
Heloo again,

Right ok so ive just built my new pc, the spec is as follows:

E8400
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4
4gb 1066mhz Crucial Ballistix
Tuniq Tower
8800GT OC2
500gb WD Caviar
620w Corsair
P182 Case

Everything went together fine, i powered it up fine, had a load of trouble getting it to boot as it kept sending itself to just a picture with the motherboards logo on, and not progressing any further.

Had a fiddle about with some parts in the case got it running installed Vista 64bit fine.

Now it will only boot up properly and reliably everytime if i take out 1 stick of ram leaving me with 3gb?

Is there a way round this so i can run it to its full capability?

ps. not upgraded the bios.

Cheers
Matt

1 Series Coupe
I'd upgrade the bios, version by version and test to see if it boots after each update has been installed. See what that does.

RS Meg 175
Ok kool whats the best way to show it the new bios? usb stick?

also how do you know which bios to use? and where to get the updates from?

1 Series Coupe
Go into the BIOS and find out what version you already have.

You'll need to go to the motherboard manufacture website and download the next one up.

Back into the BIOS and change the first book device to something that resembles USB (different on all boards). Save and reboot. It will then take you threw the process.

I think you might be putting in the ram the wrong way. you must have 4x 1gb sticks of ram?

Is it dual channel slots on the board?

And is the ram all the same make, model, spec?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Vista 64 BSODs with 4Gb ram in in some instances. However it may be a faulty stick of RAM - I had 3 of a set of 4 OCZ sticks that were dead and causing my machine not to post.

RS Meg 175
hmmm bit confused now, i tried to reboot with 3gb in again and then took me to the motherboard picture again... turned it off put 2gb in nothing happend...turned off put 4gb in booted first time.. lol wtf :S

ill try that patch up there ^^ :D

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
should say on the box, or on the memory itself, or if neither, on the websites product page where it was purchased from?

T

thecremeegg

Set RAM to correct voltage and update the bios, that should fix your problem. When I got my new RAM, it wouldnt POST with the new sticks in until I had gone into the bios with the old RAM and set the voltatge correctly. Most likely it'll need 2 - 2.1 volts

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ive never ever had to play around with ram voltage for just running at standard speeds, I doubt it would be that unless something is seriously screwy with your bios.

RS Meg 175
that patch isnt right for my OS aparently just downloaded it.

Not sure what to do with the BIOS thought if im honest. what version should i go for and what is the best method?

Better than yours. C*nt.
that patch isnt right for my OS aparently just downloaded it.

Not sure what to do with the BIOS thought if im honest. what version should i go for and what is the best method?

The vista 929777 fix for 3Gb is for machines using the storport.sys subsystem. If you're not running in AHCI or RAID mode on the board then you won't be...

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
you might have downloaded the 32bit version? there are two. I had similar issues when i installed my sli motherboard and that solved it. Otherwise defo bios update, goto gigabyte forums and find out if any1 else has had the same issues, perhaps there is more info on there. TBH it was my first point of call when i had problems and they is what eventually solved it.