ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New PC Tower

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, my PC is getting a little old, I've had it around 5 years now, I've upgraded the monitors and keyboard etc, and run an external HDD, but I think its time to upgrade the tower.

TBH, I dont play games or anything, I mainly use the computer for Browsing the Web and Downloading stuff. I want something fast, and with a relatively large HDD, and an Operating System. My only other requirement is it must accept my Dual Screen 24" Monitors. They both plug in Via white plugs (DVI I think), so I think the graphics card has to have these 2 ports. Other than that, Im pretty easy. I have a keyboard etc, its just the tower I need.

I dont want to spend more than £300, £250 is the top really, I dont mind a refurbished system? I was looking at this one:

http://www.ebuyer.com/407540-zoostorm-desktop-pc-7873-1077

Any options or anyone aware of any deals on older stock etc?

Thanks

Last edited:

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Why not upgrade what you have? Also, you can just get an adapter/converter for VGA to DVI which might save you a bit of dosh, because most budget graphics cards tend to offer you either or both, but not two of either type.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
My opinion, but i've never liked the Bulldozer CPU's
What you going to be using it for? Just Internet really

Basically yea, just browsing the web, streaming stuff (Virgin 120mbFTW). I use alot of space though, so need a TB + my external ideally

This is my current set up, Im guessing it makes more sense to you than me

spec.jpg

I looked at the ebay one sorry lol,
Im sorry did you just say 120mb?! PLEASE go to "speedtest.net" and post your results!!! I thought mine was fast at 38mbps.
If you're only streaming its a good basic computer, I use AMD so Im being bias and saying its alot cheaper and just puts out the same processing power lol

Seems like a good computer, And even if it doesn't have a OS you can download it with all your internet power haha

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I looked at the ebay one sorry lol,
Im sorry did you just say 120mb?! PLEASE go to "speedtest.net" and post your results!!! I thought mine was fast at 38mbps.
If you're only streaming its a good basic computer, I use AMD so Im being bias and saying its alot cheaper and just puts out the same processing power lol

Seems like a good computer, And even if it doesn't have a OS you can download it with all your internet power haha

Im aware I will not be getting 120mb, I did I get 79mbps earlier on the Laptop mind :) I always get 50-60 on my iPad too, on this desktop though, its rarely above 30/40 :S

Is the e buyer one a worthwhile upgrade to what I currently have

If you use Ethernet it would be awesome thought! well socket 775 is really old and I don't see a Wireless adapter in the link too only LAN so would need to either swap yours over as long as its not built in.
They are cheap but it always adds up

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I use a USB wireless adapter at the moment so i can just use that one I guess. IS that ebuyer link much better than what Ive got now?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, i ordered it and it came today..... However, It only has ONE DVI port for my monitors :(

Obviously, I need 2! Can I get some sort of Splitter, or can I put the ports from my old Tower (which as 2) in my new case?

HELP!?

Thanks