ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New PE2’s after 21700m

200 cup (van blanc)

just swapped my front exaltos after 21700 miles

I bet you all think i drive it like a woopsy!!!

What have u lot managed to get from your front tyres??

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

im on 21k and they are just off the indicators on the tyre. so prob about same. i would say 80-90% motorway miles though

Ziel Nurburgring

8K on contis and about 8 on the PE2s. GOing to be pushing it at oulten, the drive home will be interesting.

172 Exclusive

Im on 17k on my Pilot Sports, but they need changing.

Think ill be getting PE2s from what i read in here :D

Lee

BMW M2C

I get around 12k from most. My daily drive is mostly stop start in traffic or motorway so most the wear happens on track.

Ive done 15,300 miles on mine, with about 1mm to the wear indicator, have to say Im pretty impressed given the punishment that theyve been subjected to.:devilish:

Done 4400, non motorway, roundabout miles on my PE2 83vs and they are like new.I am still going to try other makes to see whats best though.But at this rate will never get to.:)

172CUP/Fiesta supersport

im on 8500 on my contis and they still look like new! mind you I only got the car at 7500 and the previous owner is 72 years old!!!!

200 cup (van blanc)

i have swapped them for the W rated PE2 as they national tyres claimed there was a 6 week back order on the V rated tyre - i got the 205/45/16 W for £130 each

tyres were just about on wear indicator and i was still impressed at how far i could push the little beasty!! (in the dry!)

I punish mine maybe once a week. Im on 9000m and they are not even close to the indicators :) I will be sticking with the Exaltos though, as the wet grip is out of this world.

9,000 Roy ? I thought you were a tarmac terrosit not a shirt lifting girlie? lol You clearly arent trying hard enough ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 05 July 2005

I will be sticking with the Exaltos though, as the wet grip is out of this world.

My PE2s are shocking in the wet... They always feel asif there about to let go, and often do.

I cant understand why everyone bangs on about them being such a good tyre.

ps. I got just under 8k from my PE2s at the front

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 05 July 2005
9,000 Roy ? I thought you were a tarmac terrosit not a shirt lifting girlie? lol You clearly arent trying hard enough ;)

Hehe, well I have been kind of trying to conserve them recently. Im about to start a new contract thats going to be paying 70k per year for 2 years though, so money will be no object soon :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by TriO on 05 July 2005
I will be sticking with the Exaltos though, as the wet grip is out of this world.

My PE2s are shocking in the wet... They always feel asif there about to let go, and often do.

They seem to work superbly with the Cup suspension mate. The front end grip I get in the wet takes the piss really.

Alfa Mito 155TB

I have tried Contis on my 172 and Pirelli Pzeros they were all fine.

But I now have Vresdestein Sportrac 2s on the front only and they are phenominal...I know they dont have the hardened tyre walls of the PE2s but they are amazing tyres in the wet and dry and heavy rain i would of been lifting off with the contis or pirellis for fear of aqua planing......but these tyres have two monsoon rain grooves you can fit your index finger in.

Best part is for a category 1 tyre which they are...they are only £46 fitted each !!! compared to PE2s at £96 each....tyre snobbery is very much out there but ok at the same time.

I know nowt about tyres, but personally Ill be sticking with the ones that were used when the Cup suspension was designed/honed.

Dunno how the hell u managed it then 182_blue, my exaltos are past 9k and loads left. I dont pussy foot about either!!

Quote: Originally posted by TriO on 05 July 2005

People forget that in the wet, overall grip around the corners is effected by the condition and design of the tread on the rear tyres.e.g. if you have a new pair of a certain tyre on the front and a worn pair of another (or the same make) on the rear it will compromise the handling of your car. Therefore the only way of getting the true mesure of how a new tyre performs in the wet is to have the same tyre all around and with good tread depth.Thats why certain manufacturers advise against rotation of worn front tyres to the rear, michelin included. (see below)

http://www.michelin.co.uk/uk/auto/auto_cons_bib_pqr_neuf.jsphttp://www.michelin.co.uk/uk/auto/auto_cons_bib_pqr_neuf.jsp

[Edited by mason__1 on 06 July 2005 at 3:40pm]

[Edited by mason__1 on 06 July 2005 at 3:51pm]