ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Ph1 172 Owner

Clio 172
Hello, had my ph1 172 for a couple of weeks and signed up for the tech knowledge on this website. You have a great forum here and I look forward to contributing.

Steve

DSC00001.jpg

Clio 172
Cheers guys. Looking at changing the s**te cone air filter that is currently on the car to the standard ph1 airbox, removing the aircon when the belts are done early next year [currently on 42k miles and I do 250ish miles a month] and possibly the 182 4-2-1 exhaust and inlet manifolds while the engine is out for the belts. Maybe a front splitter and refurb the wheels. Other than that, going for standard and clean look.

Clio 172
Rear end is floaty and loose. Can't see any oil leaks and the car seems level and tyre pressures are fine, but i'm going to order some OE rear shocks from K-Tec next week, had a look around the forum and it seems quite a common problem with the shocks going

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cheers guys. Looking at changing the s**te cone air filter that is currently on the car to the standard ph1 airbox, removing the aircon when the belts are done early next year [currently on 42k miles and I do 250ish miles a month] and possibly the 182 4-2-1 exhaust and inlet manifolds while the engine is out for the belts. Maybe a front splitter and refurb the wheels. Other than that, going for standard and clean look.

Car looks great but the engine doesnt come out to do the belts mate:nono:

Unless you are going to do other stuff..

Scott.

Rear end is floaty and loose. Can't see any oil leaks and the car seems level and tyre pressures are fine, but i'm going to order some OE rear shocks from K-Tec next week, had a look around the forum and it seems quite a common problem with the shocks going

For me it was fucked part worn tyres and worn shocks.

Mec 350 slk manual
Hi Steve

Good luck with the belts, I'm down ktec fri for the 438 cams and matched manifold plus a few more bit

Thanks
Marotin