ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New ph1 project.. Stickers.

mk2 clio ph1 1.2
hi guys, new to this forum.

just thought id show of what ive done with my car within the first few weeks of owning it. as you can see when i bought it, doesnt look to nice.. with lex-arse lights and standard *gash wheels. so with money being tight and not being able to afford new coilies/ wimmage at the moment, just thought id play around with a spray can and a book of stickers. until i get paid anyway... big plans for this little clee-low. keep your eyes peeled :)

just a few pics for a taster of whats gone on so far... please excuse the *chavy look at the moment, all will be revealed soon :)

before:
before.jpg

after:
IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

clio / polo
Re: New ph1 project.. JDM flex

not a sticker fan 2bh but they would of looked 100x better on the back window mate whats the plans then ?

mk2 clio ph1 1.2

yeah me neither, just wanted to personalize it a little bit before i drop it and get some new rims. not sure yet.. was thinking a set of ATS cups would fit pretty nice finished off it black.. not sure tho, but around 70-80mm drop.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

not took keen on it at the moment, but like you said, you have plans etc :)
You might needs air suspension on that FLOL, never seen arch gap like that before

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

Oh and also, check out the ph2 rear lights and side strips look much better than ph1's

mk2 clio ph1 1.2

not took keen on it at the moment, but like you said, you have plans etc :)
You might needs air suspension on that FLOL, never seen arch gap like that before

yeah right.. the arch gap is ridic haha.
im not keen on the look with it either, hopefully when i throw a bit of money at it itll start looking a bit better.

mk2 clio ph1 1.2

buy/wanted list:
ats cups...(possibly) if not banded g60 steels (cheaper lol)
coilies, cut of course :p around 80-100mm drop.
cupra half leather interior/ or recaro interior (front seats only)
momo stearing coloumn/ wheel
spliter... (anybody know what spliters fit clios?)
possible induction kit... not 100% tho, bit chavy lol.
few stickers here and there....

bout it really, nothing too heavy. simple stuff.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

Plans sound good, most people have either cupra splitters or fabia vrs's. The laguna's are a bit dated now

RS6 C7

Dont cut your coilovers! or what is the point in them? may aswell cut your standard springs lol, Personally i would remove the stickers get some deep dish go low but not stupid low, colour code and your onto a winner ;)

mk2 clio ph1 1.2

Dont cut your coilovers! or what is the point in them? may aswell cut your standard springs lol, Personally i would remove the stickers get some deep dish go low but not stupid low, colour code and your onto a winner ;)
if i buy coilies at 80mm drop.. cut out a spring or two. im still able to wind up to pass mot?
where-as if i cut my springs im stuck at that height. makes sense to me.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

if i buy coilies at 80mm drop.. cut out a spring or two. im still able to wind up to pass mot?
where-as if i cut my springs im stuck at that height. makes sense to me.

You don't cut springs. End of.

Chances are you won't get to the MOT as you'd have lbrench'd it into a ditch when it all goes wrong half way around a bend one day.

But hey, you seem to know best.

Good luck with that...!

LY 172

^^ due to personal experience i have to wind my coilovers up so that the car can do the brake test. else the bumper bottoms out. i think even the cheapest coilovers you can get will provide a 120mm drop. so no need to cut coils ?

mk2 clio ph1 1.2

^^ due to personal experience i have to wind my coilovers up so that the car can do the brake test. else the bumper bottoms out. i think even the cheapest coilovers you can get will provide a 120mm drop. so no need to cut coils ?

yeah your right, on my last car i had to wind them up for the brake test.
also, im not sure about 120mm drop on standard coilovers? fancy dropping in a link ahha

Some epic stupidity in this thread.

As for the JDM in the title I'd argue stickerbombing does not constitute JDM seeing as it's present in numerous car scenes.

RS6 C7

do you know how low that is? mines 40mm and its lowww scrapes everywhere, coilovers wound down low should be plenty low enough :)

LY 172

yeah your right, on my last car i had to wind them up for the brake test.
also, im not sure about 120mm drop on standard coilovers? fancy dropping in a link ahha

google search. ;)

i have the K-tec once. not sure if they do them for non RS clios. but they have mounts that can be taken out of the rear springs to drop another 20mm. (still have mine in)
and although i have lowerd the front about 60mm i still have 100mm of thread to turn down.

buy/wanted list:
ats cups...(possibly) if not banded g60 steels (cheaper lol)
coilies, cut of course :p around 80-100mm drop.
cupra half leather interior/ or recaro interior (front seats only)
momo stearing coloumn/ wheel
spliter... (anybody know what spliters fit clios?)
possible induction kit... not 100% tho, bit chavy lol.
few stickers here and there....

bout it really, nothing too heavy. simple stuff.

Nothing JDM at all there.

TT 225+

Iirc you need to roll this, buy a 200 on finance, roll that, buy a megane r26 with a loan in order to release monies to buy coilovers?

Iirc you need to roll this, buy a 200 on finance, roll that, buy a megane r26 with a loan in order to release monies to buy coilovers?

sort of funny. not as if the n00b will understand it nor many laugh but good effort.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

I wish stickerbombing would just f**k off. It was old as the hills last year when I did it. Now every chav in my town is doing it!

TrackCar & F30 330d

Awww bless him, he's clearly a 17 year old with his first car.

Cutting the coilovers made me laugh tho haha.

You will be able to have the car nice and low with a set of coilovers.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

but you're cool, aren't you not?

others don't have such forsight and self belief.

I drive an old car and haven't had a girlfriend in months. What do you f**king think?

If the OP stopped spunking over fast car and realised he has a renault clio, he could make it look tidy with a drop and some OEM style wheels. There's only a couple of Clios that have done otherwise and pulled it off.