ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New phone idea

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
My phone is up for renewal next month, and i quit like the iphone but if i go for it it's £34 per month that's going for the 8gb version, or i also like the N96 i'm on t-mobile cos my mate works there so i got half price line rental and been with t-mobile for over 8 years or something and i'm paying like £16 per month.

Just not sure what to go for, i know you lot like the iphone but it's twice the line rental almost anyway, could get the N96 or i could haggle for the N97

What do you lot think?

May as well push for the N97 instead of the N96, unless you don't like touchscreen. There's also the N86 if avaliable, not sure what the differences are between the N96 and 86 bar an 8mp camera.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Have you properly used a touch screen phone? And I don't just mean 10 seconds looking at a mates. I have one, and tbh I hate it. I'm never getting another one. Actual, physical buttons are where it's at.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Have you properly used a touch screen phone? And I don't just mean 10 seconds looking at a mates. I have one, and tbh I hate it. I'm never getting another one. Actual, physical buttons are where it's at.

Ever used an iPhone?
I was of the same opinion untill i got that.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
No never used a touch screen before, the only reason i want a iphone cos it's got all the gadgets and that, also can you record sky on the phones all ready mentioned?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Ever used an iPhone?
I was of the same opinion untill i got that.

I have used an iTouch, and to be fair it was excellent. Maybe at upgrade time I will have a look, but at this time I just don't want another touch screen.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just looked at the Nokia 5800 that looks canny too, how does this one compare to the iphone?

No never used a touch screen before, the only reason i want a iphone cos it's got all the gadgets and that, also can you record sky on the phones all ready mentioned?

Do you mean set sky at home to remote record? I use it on my N96 with no problems.

Nissan Jewk
How much is your monthly bill on average? The higher it is, the more clout you have when it comes to upgrades.....

Octy VRS
5800 is a very good touch screen phone. Does all I want. Has some great games and apps and the camera is half decent too. Touch screen is good and it feels quite sturdy. GPS and WiFi are both a useful addition.

Of course it will never be as popular or have as much stuff available as an iPhone but it's a good alternative. To say it's w**k is totally wrong.

5800 is a very good touch screen phone. Does all I want. Has some great games and apps and the camera is half decent too. Touch screen is good and it feels quite sturdy. GPS and WiFi are both a useful addition.

Of course it will never be as popular or have as much stuff available as an iPhone but it's a good alternative. To say it's w**k is totally wrong.

Um... ok. The screen is pish to use compared to an iphone. If you don't know any better, then yes it'd be considered as ok, but it's truely an awful experience using it. Quite laggy sometimes as well, even with the most recent firmware.

Octy VRS
You must have tried a s**t one then. I don't get lag and the touch screen is fine. Just to say it's w**k is a bit over the top.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
How much is your monthly bill on average? The higher it is, the more clout you have when it comes to upgrades.....

It's average £17 per month, i use next to nowt on texts and minutes because of my mate working there as i get special packages

Its done on the profit you generate rather than the average amount of your bills. If your on the friends and relations scheme (half price line rental) then you get a pretty decent upgrade as part of the benefit. Go in and see someone in a store as they will generally have an idea what the upgrade options you have are and also generally better than ringing up.