ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New phone needed after insurance payout

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Hello, I broke my uninsured Galaxy S3, had to put it through my home ins as it wasn't registered on bank ins.
They have now paid out, cheque cleared minus the £150 excess and I am looking at sim free S3's.
It is a 2yr contract so I want a new phone instead of say a cheaper S2.
Is it worth hanging it out to see if Iphone5 announcement drops the S3 prices?
Does anyone know if the S3 is definately going to be compatible with 4g?
I'm on vodafone so unsure when they will get 4g anyhow.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Current S3 wont do "4G" on any network. If you want that you need a phone with LTE on the 1800mhz band.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Current S3 wont do "4G" on any network. If you want that you need a phone with LTE on the 1800mhz band.

Ok thanks, just looked that up so S2 LTE or HTC 1XL. Will the Galaxy S2 LTE work here on Vodafone 3g?

By the time 4G is useable in a decent amount of places, you'll have long long upgraded again. Probably another 6 times.

I wouldn't base your purchase solely on that.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
By the time 4G is useable in a decent amount of places, you'll have long long upgraded again. Probably another 6 times.

I wouldn't base your purchase solely on that.
I suppose so!
No point getting an S2 either to save money as they are only about £70 cheaper than the S3.