ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new problem - starting

My 172 (Yreg) has gained a new problem, sometimes hot or cold it is having trouble starting, It turns over fine it just isnt firing up, i have to wait patiently and eventually after trying many times it fires up. Any ideas what it might be? Starter motor? spark plugs?

Thanks

Rob

ATS CUP'd Dynamique
i have this problem in my 1.2, when it is hot it fires over fine but doesnt start up. i ahd to give it some throttle when its firing and then it finally starts up

Civic Type-R
I had this problem about a year ago. It was a sensor, think it was the fuel pump sensor or something. Dont know the name might be the TDC sensor as mentioned above.

its got worse, a couple times now it has just cut out on me while driving complete loss of power then it stalls and has trouble restarting as per usual. Any ideas what this will be, worried im gonna have to take it to renault and be charged the usual 70 odd quid to work out whats wrong with it.

Could it be the immoboliser???

cheers for any advice i can get

Civic Type-R
Its definately the TDC or fuel sensor as mentioned above. Had exactly the same problem on mine.

Storm Grey 200
I still have this problem and have changed the TDC sensor, coolant temp sensor, coil pack and leads and spark plugs. Its now at the garage as its really irritating me, I think it could be either the map sensor or the throttle body gunked up.

I had starting problem before when it is hot in the summer. Mostly on cold start.

I don't know why it is much better recently. This is what I did:

1) Fill up a full tank of Sheel V-Power
2) clean up the area at the bottom of the induction box
3) Turn the key (not start), wait for all the light go out, then turn back and then turn to start again. My garage friend it is good to try this. He said something about air and fuel pump... Sorry forgot. Worth a try.
4) had replace a used MAP sensor
5) clean the TB, i do it every month.

nope no lights stay on. any idea?

cheers

rob
if the light don' go out then the imobiliser is kicking in the transponder pickup ring around the barrel isn't working new ones are cheap but check the looms.

It could be the TDC as they often fail also but the transponder pickup is easy to tell if thats one of the issues as the car won't start at al and the light stays on..

both times when it cut out while driving, when i then stopped and locked up with the keyfob, the car beeps and lights flash more than usual? Is this then anything to do with the immobiliser?

thanks for all help, wanna try eliminate in down to a few possibilities.

cheers,
rob

both times when it cut out while driving, when i then stopped and locked up with the keyfob, the car beeps and lights flash more than usual? Is this then anything to do with the immobiliser?

thanks for all help, wanna try eliminate in down to a few possibilities.

if the red light is flashing or not going out then its the imobiliser at fault it shouln't come on when driving though.

i dont know if it is a coincidence but every time i have waited for the red light in the centre to go out it has started first time. Which would lead me to think immoboliser, but as the above said its pretty sketchy if the immobiliser can cut the car out while driving?? Is this possible? or are they not built to do that? If so am i back to the TDC sensor.

If it was the immoboliser what would need replacing and any idea how much

thanks again much appreciated

rob

today was worse, cut out four times on the way to work. Im confused as if i let the red light go up it starts fine, which would lead me to believe its the immobiliser but surely that cant be allowed to cut the engine out while moving??

Can anyone recommned what the best thing would be to do i really dont wanna pay renault 79quid just to diagnose it.

cheers

Ph1
I still have this problem and have changed the TDC sensor, coolant temp sensor, coil pack and leads and spark plugs. Its now at the garage as its really irritating me, I think it could be either the map sensor or the throttle body gunked up.

Could be a dodgy earth

Ph1
today was worse, cut out four times on the way to work. Im confused as if i let the red light go up it starts fine, which would lead me to believe its the immobiliser but surely that cant be allowed to cut the engine out while moving??

Can anyone recommned what the best thing would be to do i really dont wanna pay renault 79quid just to diagnose it.

cheers

Try using your spare key. Again, could be a dodgy earth ?

put both keys on my keyring the other day to be sure, but yeh still the same, what the earth thing about?? what can i check.

cheers