ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New project Renault 5 gt turbo

2004 Clio 182 cup
Wow. When I saw this had been updated I expected to see "SOLD"! Good on you for going balls deep and spending big on it. I bet its a great drive now. Are you keeping the body kit on it or hunting for original bumpers and spoiler?
Has to be done mate back bumper an side skirts are original front bumpers not but toying with the idea of taking the round fog lights off an putting ducting in each one not sure yet if not then I'l get standard front bumper.

2004 Clio 182 cup
Wow. When I saw this had been updated I expected to see "SOLD"! Good on you for going balls deep and spending big on it. I bet its a great drive now. Are you keeping the body kit on it or hunting for original bumpers and spoiler?
short shifter changes the driving feel the uprated clutch takes so getting use to.

2004 Clio 182 cup
Need to order a set of these aswell
s-l400.jpg

2004 Clio 182 cup
Looks great, proper job.

I have one in that im doing similar work to at the moment.
It's a credit to Andy at overboost who's done all the work it's ok me buying the parts but his work is second to none. This is his valver Clio phase 2 with a 2.8 vr6 turbo surprise in the back. It's only 500bhp I know tourqes over 400 ?
Beautiful wheel there are can get it sitting lower then View attachment 1383148View attachment 1383149View attachment 1383150

20180811_100828.jpg
20180811_100938.jpg

2004 Clio 182 cup
Great to see someone ploughing some money into a 5 and not on making it completely OE spec... !

Get a video sometime of it mate, love the sound of a C1J, miss mine loads, been sat in my other garage since 2011 dead :(
Nice looking Clio mate it's a Labour of love isn't it with gt turbos I've fallen out with mine plenty of times. Was supposed to get driving it for the first time since I've owned it yesterday but Andy phoned told me bottom end had gone, I was absolutely gutted i didn't even want to go over to collected it had to see it on a transporter again. I was certain I was going to get rid of it but was looking at her last night in the garage had a few beers an just looking at how far it's come I can't can't give up now it's never been about money with this car i just want to enjoy it for what it is so spoken to Andy at overboost an where going forged internals more expense but sod it you only live once.

2004 Clio 182 cup
How
Nice looking Clio mate it's a Labour of love isn't it with gt turbos I've fallen out with mine plenty of times. Was supposed to get driving it for the first time since I've owned it yesterday but Andy phoned told me bottom end had gone, I was absolutely gutted i didn't even want to go over to collected it had to see it on a transporter again. I was certain I was going to get rid of it but was looking at her last night in the garage had a few beers an just looking at how far it's come I can't can't give up now it's never been about money with this car i just want to enjoy it for what it is so spoken to Andy at overboost an where going forged internals more expense but sod it you only live once.
how come you left yours mate?

2004 Clio 182 cup
Turns out the engine in mine is out of a Renault 11 luckly Andy at overboost got me a Renault 5 engine what needs rebuilding so he started striping it down he's taken crankshaft out an sending it off to engineers then engine rebuild will begin. He's putting forged internals and bigger turbo an piper 270 cam in. He's also painting the engine bay ferrari red engine block black with red rocker cover Will save time when she's at the body shop next month or two. Fingers crossed I can drive it back this time an not follow it from behind on a recovery truck for the 5th time haha.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
11t engine pretty much identical to gtt lump. If early 11t engine it will probably have a baffled sump so worth checking if not done already. Should be nice with forged bits, not tempted to go efi whilst on with it ?

Im building my new engine for my extra van soon unsure whether to forge or not as not chasing the hp these days.

2004 Clio 182 cup
Mor
11t engine pretty much identical to gtt lump. If early 11t engine it will probably have a baffled sump so worth checking if not done already. Should be nice with forged bits, not tempted to go efi whilst on with it ?

Im building my new engine for my extra van soon unsure whether to forge or not as not chasing the hp these days.
Morning mate Andy at overboost has got me a 5 engine hes cracking on with it now. Was thinking about EFI but I've had the car around 14 months now and haven't drove it properly yet so going to run it with the carb on and have some fun in it. Spent an absolute fortune on this car gone through the ups an downs like most 5 owners so I think some fun is deserved :)