ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New rear damper leaking...

Just fitted a new pair of genuine Renault dampers purchased from the dealer, and one has started leaking a day after fitment :mad:.

What are dealers like returning/replacing parts fitted yourself?

Megane r26
I've returned things before without a problem to be honest, at the end of the day its leaking! There is no way you yourself could of caused it.

derv biege barge
See my thread here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?643782-Eibach-pro-with-standard-dampers

If you are running standard springs you should have no probs, they should even insist on fitting them for you if it is a warranty job.

I have had 4 dampers since Jan 2012 3 have leaked. Are you running standard springs? I would love to know as Renault are blaming the leaks on my Eibach springs, if you're on standard springs this would help my arguement for it being faulty parts. The parts advisor told me today that these parts are not known to break very often, which I think is bull TBH.

Good luck with it bud.