ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New rear springs have made the height different on both sides

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone ever known this before?

I replaced both rear springs on the clio and the arch gap difference is massive on both sides!

Both part number the same but one of the boxes looked a lot older than the other, and the batch/delivery date numbers are way out from each other!

What a pain as they will have to be re done again with replacement springs!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Have you driven it since changing them, or just dropped it off the jack and noticed it?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Have you driven it since changing them, or just dropped it off the jack and noticed it?

Driven it, not far but it has moved. You can see when looking underneath, its that obvious. The gap between each part of the coil is considerably different to the other, mainly at the very bottom and very top.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Wrong springs then

I remember when fitting them one of them felt smooth and flat at the top/bottom and on the other it was as if the very last bit was poking out so i wonder if that is what is causing ir.

Euros are going to replace but they want an instant exchange so i will have to get the car on axle stands and have the springs out ready.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
They will be none sport ones. Sure I've read this before. OEM are expensive, just go sportlines or similar

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
They will be none sport ones. Sure I've read this before. OEM are expensive, just go sportlines or similar
Yea, they are for the dci though not the 182.

Renault were only £54 but i got these for £35 and thought they would be fine for it. I will see what the replacements are like. As long as they leave the car the same height i dont care.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Think on standard springs it shouldn't matter?

Lowering springs the more coils at the top. I think....

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Think on standard springs it shouldn't matter?

Lowering springs the more coils at the top. I think....

They looked the same at both ends...

Going to swap them over in the morning (as in left over to right side not just flip them upside down) just out of interest, and see if they do the same thing on the other side.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Swapped over this morning and the gap is still the same on the passenger side!

Wondering if the fuel tank and spare wheel is adding enough extra weight to make the driver side lower.

Can fit 4 fingers in the passenger side with a slight gap yet only 3 fingers in the driver side haha!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Although the springs did both have different numbers pri ted on them so im still unsure! First 5 numbers where the same then the 2nd set of numbers were both different - assuming this bit might just have something to do with the batch they came from...

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Here they are, before they were fitted the first time...

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Y
Left one looks bigger tbf. You got the rubber spring things on each side? Same shocks either side?
Yes mate, too and bottom of each side. You are right, the one on the left does look slightly larger, and not as conpressed ast the right one.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Clios do tend to sit higher on one side tbh.

Shouldn't be massively different though.

What size gap are we talking?

Id say maybe 1-2cm. I know, thats why im not 100% as i know they do sit higher anyway, but it just feels too much. I might just get them seapped anyway to be on the safe side.