ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Record ??

BMW M4; S1000 RR
70.2 mpg

Reset last time I filled the tank and have just taken it easy, done 130 miles so far, each journey being 1/4 urban (less than 30mph) and 3/4 rural (50mph).

Anyone beaten that on 4 wheels ?

Worked it out to be about 7p a mile compared to my normal 12p a mile...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I've managed 62.something mpg in my Clio from Derby to Carlisle. Mostly 50-70mph nice and steadily.

(1.2 16v by the way)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Not bad, I reckon if I didn't get stuck in light traffic everyday I could keep it above 80mpg. It's quite a dilema, go slow and get over 800 miles a tank, or go not quite as slow, but use nearly twice the fuel....

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
70.2 mpg

Reset last time I filled the tank and have just taken it easy, done 130 miles so far, each journey being 1/4 urban (less than 30mph) and 3/4 rural (50mph).

Anyone beaten that on 4 wheels ?

Worked it out to be about 7p a mile compared to my normal 12p a mile...

Do you not have hills where you live? Thats impossible around here unless you reset it at the top of the hill and roll down.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
i managed to get my ph1 down to 11.2 last week mmm nice.

MINI JCW
Jesus, me and the missus have been thinking about swapping our 25mpg Cooper S for a diesel. Would save us a fortune in petrol!!!!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Do you not have hills where you live? Thats impossible around here unless you reset it at the top of the hill and roll down.

I have a dci. I didn't mean clios either though, book mixed economy figure for the dci is 67mpg.

I've had it 35mpg before for a few hundred miles.

And for comparison, after 2 laps on the Nurburgring (circa 10 minute laps) I had 30mpg:eek:

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus, me and the missus have been thinking about swapping our 25mpg Cooper S for a diesel. Would save us a fortune in petrol!!!!

Go half way and get a 1*2. I ave 30-33mpg and my brother doing similar in a cooper S is on 18-23

I have a dci. I didn't mean clios either though, book mixed economy figure for the dci is 67mpg.

I've had it 35mpg before for a few hundred miles.

And for comparison, after 2 laps on the Nurburgring (circa 10 minute laps) I had 30mpg:eek:

Ahh that explains, I was thinking in a 1*2? What the:S ;)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Ya, I know someone that has an Aygo and they get under 70mpg.. But I think it has a small wasp under the bonnet, makes my car look fast.

Polo Bluemotion
i got an indicated 73mpg for 25 mile once, after i reset the computer after filling up. Boring as hell, i had a moped overtake me!! I can live with only 50mpg driving it spiritedly :rasp:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
^ Dang!!

Though if I could be bothered, I could just drive up and down a B road a few times in the middle of the day and probably get more :rasp:

Mine dips below 50mpg when you go above 75mph or there abouts. Generally average 35mpg on a motorway run. That's actually quite suprising thinking about it.... Could get double the miles if I just tailgated lorries wherever I go...

Polo Bluemotion
my mum used my car when i went on holiday last year for two weeks, and when i got back, she had averaged 66mpg over 300ish miles according to the computer!! i couldnt believe it! she wasnt even trying, just driving 'normal' (like a r****d)

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
a good average for me is 30 over a week. you cant drive slow and boring all the time can ya otherwise you wouldnt have a sport!