ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New shampoo suggestions

Suzuki Ignis Sport
On the lookout for a new shampoo. I've tried Dodo Juice BTM and Sour Power, both very good shampoos but want something new. Also tried AF Lather, but I reckon I had a bad bottle as I couldn't many suds at all. I want something with a bit of gloss enhancing in so I don't always have to polish/wax. Sometimes I like to give the car a wash and be done with it. Hit me with some suggestions! Cheers :)

G wash from gtechniq, Lather from our dear sponsors or perhaps try Megs Hyper Wash - best dilution of any multi purpose product I know.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
AF Lather doesn't foam up much for me, am I doing something wrong or is one of these cleaners that doesn't really foam up much any way?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Not a fan of Lather. Its really slick but didnt lather as the name suggested. Bit disappointed tbh. I bought a big bottle!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Gtechniq G-Wash smells awesome!

OP, do you give the bucket a quick blast with the pressure washer once it's full? If not, give that a go. Works for me and produces a nice foam/bubbles.

AF Lather doesn't foam up much for me, am I doing something wrong or is one of these cleaners that doesn't really foam up much any way?

Not a fan of Lather. Its really slick but didnt lather as the name suggested. Bit disappointed tbh. I bought a big bottle!

Suds are down to local water hardness and dilution ratios to a lesser extent. People mistake high suds for slickness. I have and will always go for a shampoo that feels almost like oil in water as I know this will be doing everything it can to protect my paint from marring.

Honda & VW
Suds are down to local water hardness and dilution ratios to a lesser extent. People mistake high suds for slickness. I have and will always go for a shampoo that feels almost like oil in water as I know this will be doing everything it can to protect my paint from marring.

Yeah but I don't think using Castrol GTX is a good idea JD

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I used Snowfoam, needs attachments on hose etc but cleans perfectly, saves a lot of hassles with getting all the crap out from trims, rubbers etc.

Honda & VW
I used Snowfoam, needs attachments on hose etc but cleans perfectly, saves a lot of hassles with getting all the crap out from trims, rubbers etc.

That's not a shampoo suggestion nor a shampoo replacement though fella, should be used as a Pre-wash not a wash!

I have to agree its not as foamy as the name suggests, however foam is not really an "active" part of a shampoo in terms of cleaning power or lubricity, we have to find a balance between foam and the lubricity (one counters the other) you have to find a happy medium and we lean towards having a "slipperier" shampoo that glides across the paint better rather than it just foaming up in the bucket.

However we are working on making a few adjustments to Lather, I never like to see a "disappointed" customer so I make sure you get a sample of the new formula as and when its ready.

James

Honda & VW
I have to agree its not as foamy as the name suggests, however foam is not really an "active" part of a shampoo in terms of cleaning power or lubricity, we have to find a balance between foam and the lubricity (one counters the other) you have to find a happy medium and we lean towards having a "slipperier" shampoo that glides across the paint better rather than it just foaming up in the bucket.

However we are working on making a few adjustments to Lather, I never like to see a "disappointed" customer so I make sure you get a sample of the new formula as and when its ready.

James

I'm disappointed in Lather also (only messing)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I looked at that before choosing the duragloss stuff. Nice smell and per the bottle leaves a nice finish and no streaks

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I have used Megs Gold Class when I first got a car. Was really pleased with it, but I then bought other products as I thought there were better out there. Turns out Gold Class is probably one of the best. I now understand Lather is more slick rather than suddy. I just felt I needed to use way too much to get a bit of suds! Happy with all the other AF products though :)